• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Buses are evil. Pockets are evil.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

G4Bruno

15 Year-Old Macaddict!
Same thing happend to my poor little 15GB 3G in December at a school I was visiting forn a Forensics tournament. Damn theatere seating auditorium. Or it fell out of my pocket on the bus ride home. I called the school and my school for weeks and it never turned up. I got together my b-day and x-mas money and luckly had more than enough for a 20GB 4G that I now have since 12/26/04.

RIP My 3G: 6.12.04-12.11.04

bluepodperson

Dude they had it. It matched the details. They told him to come down and get it. He does that and then it's gone. He lost it the 1st time but they lost it the second time. Under those conditions he has the right to demand it from them they OWE him. They found it and then "lost" it or stole it from him - it's their responsibility. He should have taken the 4th gen since they will probably steal that too like they stole his.

Captain Crunch

that sucks man! That is why I will never take my iPod to school...or to places where I feel I will loose it.

In A Fresh Pair

That sucks so bad, I know that feeling in your heart you get when you feel like you lost somthing very important.

BlankaM

bluepodperson said:
Dude they had it. It matched the details. They told him to come down and get it. He does that and then it's gone. He lost it the 1st time but they lost it the second time. Under those conditions he has the right to demand it from them they OWE him. They found it and then "lost" it or stole it from him - it's their responsibility. He should have taken the 4th gen since they will probably steal that too like they stole his.
Yes. So right. Steal someone ELSES lost iPod to replace your own. Doesn't matter if you #### someone *else* over as long as you get your equipment back.

joits

that sux dude. i've lost a few things on the bus as well... a tennis racquet and a cd player. hopefully i won't find myself in that situation. u kinda have to adopt a sort of paranoid mentality when it comes to ur wallet, cellphone and ipod. everytime i stand up, i tap my back and front pockets to check that everything is there... EVERYTIME. and i do it a couple of times an hour too. it may seem like overkill... but hey, in the end, all it means is that you still have ur things.

FallN

iPod therefore I am
Sorry, but you should have taken the 4G until your 3G magically reappeared at that bus depot.

btlaxripper

I lost my pod on a bus. It was a coach bus (if your from europe, a coach bus is liike a tour bus, big seats that teams and such travel in with tv's just incase you're unfamiliar) so I'l just chillin in my seat, driving back from my lacrosse game, and I look into the empty seat to my left, my wallet iPod, jacket everything is there.

I get off the bus into my car, forgot about my ipod, I check to see if I have my wallet, I did, was content with that and drove away. The next day I realize what I had done, called the bus company and they said they'll keep an eye out for it when they clean the bus. Two days later, they have it, have to drive an hour to the bus driver's house in the ghetto to pick up my baby. I was so relieved and I slept easy listening to it that night.

Ah............

I was really lucky to get it back

LCGuy

Website
www.livejournal.com
Thats terrible news. :( I love taking my iPod everywhere with me, but i never take it to anywhere where i think it might get lost, nor do i take it with me when i'm wearing clothes with dodgy pockets, and i'm not carrying a bag. But in the case of loss or theft, here's a couple of things i've done:

a) I've taken photos of it, and have a copy of the serial number in my wallet, and another one on my PC.

b) In the "Contacts" folder, i have a vCard under my own name, with all my current contact details, and under notes, it says the following:

"$$$ offered for return of iPod"

There's probably some other things i could do that would work as well as this, or better, but this is what i've done, so that if mine does go walkabout, there are some things i can try to recover it.

iPoopLounge

they owe you compensation. Even though it was your fault you left it on the bus, it was misplaced property and the bus service became a bailee. They clearly consented to it b/c they took it into their possession and stored it for you. Even if they hadn't consented, they still would be a bailee if they found the property. By misdelivering or losing the iPod, they are actionable. I wouldn't recommend suing, but you definitely have a case

BlankaM

Sad thing is if you sued them you'd probably end up with less money at the end of it. You might get a brand new ipod but you'll be worse off than if you just bought a new ipod. :(

iPoopLounge

sometimes threatening to sue is just as effective, without none of the mess. It would be in his best interest to threaten, because he has a good case, and it would be in their best interest to recompensate him prior to suit, because the end result of the lawsuit would probably be recompensation.

DJ LUCiTE

*Not really a DJ
Website
www.xanga.com
Me being 16, and probably having almost no legal weight (and not willing to go through the hassle for an mp3 player, even if it is a $300 one)...I decided to take the non-suing, legal, morally correct way out and start to save up for another iPod.

I found this gem of an iPod on eBay for $118. Not in that bad condition for an original 1st gen, either.

I love this thing more than my 3rd gen...probably because of that damn sexy mechanical scroll wheel. I tell you, it's so much smoother than any other iPod's controls. Too bad Apple moved away from it.

The question now is...
What do I brush on the back? :D

PS: To clear it up, no, they never actually came into contact with my iPod. It was gone before the driver finished her shift up and checked to see if there was anything in the bus.

The iPod they did have was lost a week before mine was, and the lady I spoke too apparently confused the physical appearance that I was describing, with that one.

PPS: First gen iPods rule all. :p

Last edited:

DJ LUCiTE

*Not really a DJ
Website
www.xanga.com
hahaha, that's my iBook chair. It's on the right of me when I'm sitting at the PC, and the iBook sits at it (so the PC monitor and the iBook are perpendicular) so I can use both at the same time. ^_^

tomdaly

iDiver
bus companies, can they ever do anything right? sad story, i don't know what i'd do if i lost it. i'm gonna keep it in a super heavy case from now on so that i know when its gone!

Twista89

Ipod addict
Ya i feel your pain man I felt the same way when I got my cd player stolen right out my bookbag when i set it down by my lunchtable to go to the bathroom for just a second. So scared to tell my mom i lost my 1 yr old birthday present and i just felt so bad for a couple of days. But if I would of never got my cd player stolen I would of probably never thought of a mp3 player and never even got me a ipod. So its kind of a lose--win situation lol.