Burning To CD, Troubles

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MattPaintballer

SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE!!!
I'm not really sure where to put this so I figured this would be the best place. Sorry if it's in the wrong forum.

My CD burner recently died, it came standard into my computer. It opens and closes but it won't read or write anything. I recently borrowed a CD burner from my friend and it just plugs into the USB port to connect to the computer and into the wall for power. When I try to burn something to a CD, iTunes automatically opens the dead burner's drive, and says "insert blank disc." I have a blank disc in the portable burner. How can I fix this?

Also, if I burned songs encoded in AAC format, would they work in an average CD player or in my car?

punk_r0x

Website
www.xanga.com
There must be a "recorder" tab in iTunes preferences somewhere. Don't have it in front of me right now, if noone responds shoot me a PM tonight...
But if it doesn't let you select a recorder, you could always physically unplug the broken one. Just shut down the computer and pull that thing right out, then it will have no choice!
When you burn a cd in iTunes, it automagically converts them to wavs (I think) that any old cd player can read.

MattPaintballer

SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE!!!
Ah, thanks! Yeah it's in Preferences -> Advanced -> Burning. I was planning on taking it out later and putting in a DVD burner; this is just a temporary fix.