BUG? "IPhone disabled" without me doing anything (iPhone 6)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sbw2019

Huge problem:

Randomly my iPhone 6 gets disabled. The past days it happened a few times that, after charging my phone, it turned on with the "iPhone is disabled" screen appearing. The times before I just had to wait for a few minutes until it was "enabled" again (and I sort of ignored the it) - this time it says "iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes". The strange thing is that I didn't enter my password incorrectly even once, the disabled-screen simply showed up after I had plugged in the iPhone to charge.

I went to the Apple store to see what they say, and the bloke said all they can do is to reset the iPhone - and that the only reason that the disabled-message shows up is when the password has been entered incorrectly too many times.

This really really sucks because 1 it has to be an Apple bug, as the error message just randomly showed up and 2 there are very very important files from the last four years on there (pictures, notes, recordings, information) that will simply be forever lost.

I'm quite furious because this must be a problem with Apple but they don't provide any help. I hope that somebody has an idea how I can at leaste save some of my files. I would be devastated if I lost them.

cjmnews

Staff member
Actually you could be "trying bad passcodes" inadvertently. I found that if I put my phone in my pocket with the screen facing my leg, the touch of the leg on the screen as I walk looks like button presses on the screen. Then I get the disabled message. Now I put it in my pocket with the screen away from my leg to prevent this.

Once the "iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes" message appears, there is nothing that can be done other than restore from the last backup.
If you don't have a backup, you are starting over from fresh. This is why everyone should be either using iCloud to back up (pictures are not included, unless you are using the iCloud Photos or My Photo Stream options) or connecting to iTunes to back up on a regular basis.

I am sorry to tell you that unless you have a recent iCloud or iTunes backup, those files are lost.