Bug in Music App? Layout not reflecting media folder

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DJSimonmurray

Hi All,

I am noticing an annoying feature in my music App on MAC which is duplicating Artists that only appear in a single source folder within the default media location.

Take a look at the two screenshots below.

1. Shows 2 x Album Artists listed as “Tresor Berlin” within the Music App itself.
  2. Shows a single Album Artist folder for “Tresor Berlin”.
What I have noticed is that when I make amendments to files etc within the App and they are then updated by iCloud, (I subscribed to iTunes Match) is then in some cases splits the Album Artist, splits the album etc.

This also appears to happen when importing a new CD to Music if the Album Artist already exists, it creates a new duplicate Album Artist even though there is still only a single folder in the media directory.

Not sure why tis is happening but was hoping there might be an easy fix?

keep media folder organised is enabled in Preferences as you will seen from screenshots attached.

Appreciate any input folks

Best Regards

Simon.

Attachments

cjmnews

Staff member
iTunes Match like Apple Music are services to avoid in my opinion.

Here is a post of a person that tried it 3 times over 6 years and gave up on it because of several issues, one being extra artists with no explanation: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8265975

I suspect that the Sort Album Artist tag is the reason for the split, the tag is different. But as the linked article above states, it is difficult to know.

I won't be much help here. Based on this post, it seems like it is still not good: Is iTunes Match good yet?

You may want to try posting questions to https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleMusic to get help on iTunes Match. Make sure you include "iTunes Match" in your questions so the answers are about iTunes Match not Apple Music.