Brushed Steel iPod Tutorial

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Julyesdc

oh come on this sucks so much.
i want to show you guys my complete stainless
steel ipod mini but since i am a new member
i am not allowed to post images or links.

that sucks.

maybe someon can upload it for me?

jmyler

Aki1989 said:
Austin, TX native study abroad student been living on Tokyo since Aug '07, saw this way back when, when it first hit the blogs and what not, not sure what suddenly compelled me to do it, I've had an iPod since 3rd gen, but my 16gb iTouch has been first one I havn't felt like carrying around a case for, and has probably seen more use than all of my previous iPods put together (god how I love Jailbreak... for electronic dictionary (japanese/eng) and ebook reader (trains) alone). Anyway, needless to say the back got roughed up, and the brushed finish randomly popped back into my head, after a quick jog across the street of my apartment to a 7-11, got everything I needed and set to work on an otherwise boring evening, anyway enough chatter.

Took a "Rising Sun" flag sticker that I had bought @ Yasukuni Shrine (google it, good stuff), I lifted the red parts out and made a template for a design with it, check out my detailed flickr photostream from start to finish:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/carlherbst89/sets/72157605942071183/

Currently undecided as to what to do about the sticker, it looks pretty cool with it still on, but I'm thinking of compromising and just cutting the "rays" off and leaving the red sun, suggestions?

PS had iLounge acc way back when, but must've been deleted or under dif email as apparently it's not around anymore ;)
That might be one of my favs.

jaeman

iphone Q:

Hey guys, new on here. just wondering if anybody knows or even better has done this to their iphone? Can it be done to iphone's or is it just ipod's?

Legoman182182

jaeman said:
Hey guys, new on here. just wondering if anybody knows or even better has done this to their iphone? Can it be done to iphone's or is it just ipod's?
Just iPods really, as the iPhones don't have a chrome back.

razrvin

Wow!

Hey Adam, great idea!!!!!! You are a pure genius, I have just done this to my iPod Touch 2G because I never really liked the chrome back. If anyone is interested in some pics, I'd be happy to post some up. Kudos to Adam again, you are brilliant! My friends were amazed, they were like "Whoa, is that some kind of special edition iPod?" lol I laughed and said maybe... :D

k1ng1992

yeah i want to do this with my 2nd gen ipod touch, but it ha those plastic buttons that i am worried about...how do you avoid them?

Digimortal43

k1ng1992 said:
yeah i want to do this with my 2nd gen ipod touch, but it ha those plastic buttons that i am worried about...how do you avoid them?
I went right over them, the only plastic affected was the WiFi plastic piece. Take a look:
Well, I would have an image.. but I'm a new user so I can't post one. Must be from a spamming problem. But if you don't want to hurt that piece, just put some electrical tape over it.

Last edited:

Daveman2345

Some designs I have done

I have been doing this to various iPods for a while now, and thought I should post some of the designs I have completed thus far. I am currently working on another design on my own iPod which should be done soon. I will post pics when its completed. Enjoy!

Last edited: