Bout to use Brasso....last minute tips/suggestions?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mashpg

Whats up guys.

So I have all the materials to use brasso, including brasso, microfiber cloth, iKlear, cotton rounds, and everything else this website: http://todd.dailey.info/archives/2005/09/27/restore-your-ipod-nano-to-new-condition-with-a-4-can-of-brasso/ told me to get. I'm still worried, I don't wanna mess up my iPod. You guys have any tips or suggestions to make sure I do it safe? How much brasso am I supposed to use. I got a BestSkinsEver invisible case ready to put on it afterwards. Any insight? If not, wish me luck!

BT53451

I did the exact same thing your are about to do last night. The Brasso works extremely well in the front of the ipod with about 5 or 6 appilications. Just keep buffing the screen until most scaratches are out. Using the brasso in the back of the iPod didnt work as well but it did polish it a bit. By the time i was ready to put on the BSE my iPod looked almost new. Before applying the BSE i steamed up the bathroom so no dusts would get on the iPod. The BSE went on quite well except for the corners. You just have to keep pressure on the corners so they dont dry before sticking. Adding some extra water with your fingers on the corners should do the trick then just let the iPod sit for 24 hours.

mashpg

thanks BT...how much Brasso should I use? That's my main concern.

BT53451

Just hold the cloth over the opening of the brasso and turn it over for a second. Then whipe in circular motions over and over again untill their is none left on the cloth and apply more and more untill your happy with the Ipods scratches.

Interpol

mashpg said:
thanks BT...how much Brasso should I use? That's my main concern.
First, make sure you shake the can well.

Second, don't apply the Brasso directly on the iPod. Dab a small amount on a cloth and use that to buff the iPod. Make sure you don't get any in between the click wheel and the case.

mashpg

yea...brasso worked fine. I'm just waiting for my BSE to dry now, looks good so far. Thanks for your help guys.