Bluetooth Transmitter and Charger for iPod Classic

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DaveIrl

Hi,
I am looking for a Bluetooth Transmitter for my iPod Classic... that also has a pass-thru to allow it to be plugged in to charge the iPod. Preferably with a USB connection to do the charging.

My old iPod Classic does not have Bluetooth, so the adaptor is so that I can pair it with wireless speakers. And hopefully also pair it with a remote control to control playback.

And the pass-thru is to plug into the USB charger in the car….. or into the USB socket in the house to keep the iPod charged.

I have searched the internet, but not having any success in finding one.

Speaker to be used is Boss Soundlink Mini 2.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

cjmnews

Staff member
No iPod Classics had Bluetooth built in.

Bluetooth adapters for iPods typically use the 30 pin connector, which is end of life, that means no one is making these anymore. You'll have to pick the one you think will work for you, and get it before they run out.

I doubt you will find USB pass through on any of them. The point of the connector is to wirelessly send the sound. Using the cable to charge while playing is something they did not consider at the time. And if they did, they would assume that you could hook the wire into the speakers and get both charging and playback at the same time.

I think you will have to settle for the best you can find while they are still available.

neekoo

I am using "kokkia i10s" with my square nano and find it perfect, a part from usb connection, which is not present. It is compact and does its job right,but honestly it's not cheap... I guess it's due to low request for 30pin accessories... Just google it for details

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk