• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Bluetooth remote would be so easy...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

carlin

iPodaholic...
Website
homepage.mac.com
I just got a Sony Ericsson T616 and I bought a program called sallings clicker, and it allows me, through bluetooth, to control Itunes completely through the phone. I can find tracks, albums, artists, and playlists, adn it is all live updated. This is obviously just a scripted program, its not like the phone is dedicated for the controller, its a phone after all. Why not just come out with a bluetooth attactchmebt for the iPod, and a remote that could act in the same way. It would be easy, and I am sure it would not be that expensive. Just my thoughts...

You could also have wireless playlist updating...

ajm

iMember
but...

To be honest I dont think there would be no point in a bluetooth remote for an iPod. I mean if you are listning through headphones, as most people do, you might as well have the remote wired. I mean is there is already a wire why complicate it?

If blutooth/wireless/wi-fi (or something) headphones existed then it would make sense because you could just put somewhere else and control it wirelessly while listening wirelessly. I am sure apple have considered doing it but from my point of view I simply dont see the point.

Anyone else?

g00gander

I use my iPod as a primary music playback device while at home. I run it through my Harman Kardon speakers. In this case a Bluetooth remote would be great. I have a Sony Erricsson T610 and use the Salling Clicker to control iTunes on my laptop sometimes. It work well. Also, with a Bluetooth adapter on an iPod someone could develop a set of BT headphones/buds for the iPod.

But of course all of this is uber geeky and may or may not be the way to go. It's a fun idea though...and there is already a IR remote for our Pods...

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
i only want bluetooth headphones. But last i heard bluetooth wouldn't be able to transmit well enough for constant streaming audio in good enough quality. Maybe im wrong but it makes sense. If ipod was in your pocket or backpack or something it would be difficult to get the signal half way UP your body. Through clothes and what not too mind you.

We can hope though ehh??

Chelce

Sold my soul for my iPod
I thought the same thing as you guys, but then I kinda thought outside the box a little (not a lot) and found a system that sorta works. I mean, I too use my iPod through a stereo. The stereo that I had previously hooked it up to using RCA cables has an FM tuner. My local RadioShack had an iRock Beamit. So, I put it all together and instead of having a remote broadcast to the iPod, I had the iPod broadcast to the stereo's FM tuner. Hardly any loss of quality and now I can use my iPod from anywhere in the room. I know there are a few problems with this whole idea, but it works for me. So now I don't need a bluetooth remote, or bluetooth earphones for that matter. You see, with the earphones, someone in an old forum made a suggestion that you buy an FM transmitter and then you buy one of those sets of earphones that's just a radio. Tune to the station and you're all set with wireless headphones. So that's how I solved my need for bluetooth.

Captn Howdy

From the Ten Technologies website...

TEN Technology Introduces Bluetooth? Wireless Stereo Adapter and Remote Control for the iPod

MACWORLD EXPO, San Francisco ? January 6, 2004 ? TEN Technology, the company that introduced the naviPod? wireless remote control for the best selling Apple iPod, is demonstrating TEN naviPlay?, one of the first Bluetooth? wireless stereo adapter and remote controls for the iPod, at the MacWorld Expo in San Franscisco, CA.

The TEN naviPlay brings Bluetooth wireless CD-Audio quality stereo sound and remote control to the latest docking iPod models. iPod users no longer have to be tethered to their iPods with their headphone cord.

"iPod users are going to find the naviPlay BT adapter a must-have for the ultimate wireless freedom and remote control," says John Lin, Founder and CEO of TEN Technology.

"iPod is the best-selling digital music player with its stunning design, amazing storage capacity and ease of use," said Ron Okamoto, Apple's vice president of Worldwide Developer Relations. "The naviPlay from TEN is a great addition to the growing line of third party products available for the iPod today."

The naviPlay includes a Bluetooth adapter that attaches to the iPod?s dock connector, and a BT headphone adapter that allows use of any stereo headphones or speakers with a standard 3.5mm stereo plug. The headphone adapter also has an LCD display and buttons for basic remote audio functions as well as playlist and menu navigation. Each adapter is powered by rechargeable lithium ion battery that provides approximately 8 hours of airtime.

Patotemato

I have another point of view about bluetooth uses, my interest of this aplication for a future ipod is to be able to connect to another ipod to share music and other archives you have in your ipod HD.

This would be very funy and would create a new ipod share comunity. The problem is that some music companies would calificate this as some kind of napster.

neila23

The whole idea is great with one problem. BT (Bluetooth) is expensive. Which is one reason why Ten Technologies solution is so pricey...also why BT enabled phones and other devices are so pricey. Someone could make a BT attachment for the ipod, that would allow you to control the ipod. I for one think it's an excellent idea, however, probably an expensive idea. Which is why IR and RF are the current remote control devices.

Just my opinion...