• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Blackout!!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AptMunich

Amplioholic
Website
www.Ampliphonic.de
It's a bit dark over on the 'ol east coast
(at least according to yahoo! news) ...

so to any new yorkers/urbanites reading this on a solar-powered pc, go and rescue less fortunate people trapped in the subways and tunnels by brandishing your ipods, activating your backlights and plugging in some portable speakers, to show people the light and lead them out of darkness!

No seriously, i hope you're all ok and have plenty of charge left (especially all you 3rd gen owners!!)

BigIzz

I'm about 25 miles from NYC and thankfully haven't lost power (yet). A lot of plcaes around me have though. Thankfully though I have a Belkin car adapter so I could charge my iPod in the car should I ever need to.

Pixelmorder

Website
www.pixelmorder.com
I am from Massachusetts (worcester; which is right in the middle of MA)... The only part of MA who lost power is Pittsfield (way west in MA, closest part to NY).

I am safe.. good thing cause I live a mile from the ghetto lol... I dont want some big ugly ghetto guy in my house when it gets dark.

But seriously, I as well wish all power-outage victims well being. Good luck guys!

Wolfman200

it's not the east coast, more like the northeast. I hope everyone's doing okay up there. Ipodders lead the way!

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
I never before would have found an AM/FM tuner useful, but during the blackout was one time i would have really appreciated an AM tuner on my ipod. But its alright, i sat with an old walkman for 6 hours listening to the news while i was waitin for power

Fundex

Sorry but I have to laugh at all you no powered people in America, it is the right thing to do.

dcx693

Power's back on in parts of Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan. Gotta love that power grid. Funniest thing: last night as I was leaving work, my friend said, "What am I going to do at home with no power?" Then he added, "At least my iPod's charged!" I said, "Me too!"

IlIlIlIlIl

it was a perfect night for star gazing in NY....haven't seen so many stars near the NYC for such a long time...

Impulse29

#### it sucked! My power went off 4 times because of the rolling blackout thing... Everything I was used to doing required power... and even the things that don't use power directly, still do indirectly (drums need lights, and mic for bass drum)...

Luckily, my family had 2 generators (type "ice storm 98" into google, and you'll know why)... I had tv... my 3th best friend (iPod, iMac, tv)...