Black Dock closest to Apple Dock?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

simonpickard

Hello all,

Out of all the 3rd party docks out there which BLACK dock is closest in style to the Apple white dock?

Why the hell don't apple just sell a black dock anyhow?!

I've tried reading the reviews here of some of them and they all seem really big, cheap looking, etc.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Simon

kornchild2002

Apple doesn't make a black dock because they are still in their white phase. After all, iPods were originally only offered in the pearl white color. We didn't have black iPods or the choice of green, pink, blue, etc. nano/mini iPods back in 2002.

I suggest that you purchase a standard Apple white dock and either:
1. Live with it.
2. Take the cover off and paint it black. You can find a number of Tester's model paints to make it a gloss black, it should come out nice if you take your time.

simonpickard

"After all, iPods were originally only offered in the pearl white color. We didn't have black iPods or the choice of green, pink, blue, etc. nano/mini iPods back in 2002."

Yeah but this is 2007, you'd think Apple would get a move on really.. Seeming the ipod holds something crazy like 80% of the mp3 market how hard can it be to get a black bit of plastic out. :rolleyes:

The fact that it's users have to "paint" a white dock black really is a sad state.

kornchild2002

I do agree that you would think Apple would get their act together. I am sure many people want a black case to match their black iPod. Apple did do the impossible and release a black iBook (now called MacBook).

Still, the best solution right now is to probably paint Apple's dock. Or just live with it. I chose to live with it because the white color matches by iPod Hi-Fi system, my Nintendo Wii, and my Xbox 360. I just have too many white electronics that having one more didn't bother me.

DanteHicks

Don't just live with it and why waist your time painting the thing? I have an Onkyo surround sound system that I use for TV, DVD, PS2 AND my iPod. The iPod is black and so is the docking station that Onkyo released this year. Model DSA-2 is a black docking station that has red white and yellow outputs on it (Red, Blue and Green should be coming next). It comes with a remote control and even shows the "iPod screen" on your TV. http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=DS-A2&class=Accessory&p=i
While you may not have an Onkyo system if you have RCA audio connections it will work. I picked mine up from Circut City for around $90.00 bu the price has started to drop. jr.com has them for $79.99 plus...

rainking187

kornchild2002 said:
Apple doesn't make a black dock because they are still in their white phase.
The only problem with that is that neither the current generation of Nanos or Shuffles come in white. I think they should at least make black alternatives to the current white products. I'd like a black dock or an AC adapter or headphones or something. I mean come on, they can make Shuffles in like six different colors but they can't make any accessories in two?

Micael

If Apple decided to start selling a black ipod dock I would simply get one even tough I have a white ipod:D

musichound

Instead of us stating here that Apple should get their act together to make black accessories I think the best move would be to address this to Apple. Maybe if enough people request this Apple will listen.

kornchild2002

I have already requested a black dock, I did that when I first purchased my black 5G iPod. I also requested a black iPod Hi-Fi system.

Jazzman27

Buy the Onkyo DS-A2 and call it a day. It is better than the apple dock anyway.