Black 30 GB- Buy InvisiShield or just use it?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TheMobBoss

Hello,
I have in front of me the coveted 5G iPod (in the box). Title says it all from here :)

ehrgeiz

I wouldn't have the will power to wait.....so I'm sure you know what my answer would be.

stryder

just don't kick yourself if you get a scratch. i probably couldn't wait either. just keep that protective sticker in the front on till you get better protection. enjoy

mrogers

(2*b) || !(2*b);
Website
3xmk.com
I LOVE my invisible shield. After using my iPod all day today with it on, it's wonderful to be able to carry around a "naked" iPod and not worry too much about it getting scratched.

Bonk

Buy the shield, I've had my white 30 gb for one week already and I have a ton of scratches. And you can at least take the ipod out of the box. It's covered with a plastic so you can at least look at it with out getting scratches.

vbuggy78

you can ues a 4G 40GB case

As soon as I opened my iPod black 60GB yesterday, I transferred it to a 4G neoprene skin (that kind of hangs loose) that is made for 20GB and 40Gb iPods. I also did not remove the clear plastic that protects the front.

This is only a temporary solution until I get the invisible shield on. THe way I have it, the screen is only partly visible but it is OK for music.

The one I have is from Target costs $29.99 plus tax and says OIC on it. It has openings for the dock. But for headphone, you have to leave one of its flaps open.

I ordered the invisible skin. Not sure when I will get it or how well the installation will go but meanwhile, I am using it. So far no scratches.

If you don't start using right away, you are going to die out of longing.

The worst part is the shield arrives, you apply it and then you realize that you have another 24 hours to go before turning it on :)

Last edited:

marlinspike

At the very least leave the shipping protection on it. I was EXTREMELY careful with mine, but got a bunch of scratches because I slid it into the supplied case and I guess there must have been dust on it. I have some iCleaner on the way I'll have to see how that goes.

Spdr114

I suggest using syran wrap. If applied correctly it surves as a great temporary shield, and doesn't look to horrible. I'm just waiting for a new case from marware myslef.

TheMobBoss

I loaded songs, I just couldn't resist :) I left the front protector on, tho.