"Binding" App

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

xboxman

Expelliarmus!
Is it still available? I heard that it was taken down almost immediately after it showed up on the App Store.

Should get my 'Phone this week so I can check then myself, but just curious! :p

zardoz66

you mean the teathering app, netshare? oh yeah thats long gone. no hope to get that back.

xboxman

Expelliarmus!
Stay Alive 305 said:
I just searched for the application on the App Store and it wasn't there. What did the application do?

It was the most awesome thing ever :D

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/01/netshare-iphone-tethering-app-reappears-in-the-app-store/

Basically you can use your iPhone to act as a wireless connection for your laptop or computer.

zardoz66 is there any hope of getting the app some other way (can't I just download it of the net and stick it on my iPhone manually? It would be so frickin useful for me this year as I have a really restrictive network at University.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
and then hope you don't use so much bandwidth that AT&T gets wind of it and charges you exorbinantely.

zardoz66

well jailbreaking is always fun, but I do not know why that always comes up. some people just do not want to jailbrake.

the only way (outside of jailbraking or hacking) is if the maker does an ad hoc install of the app, basicly gets you the app outside of the app store. but I have not seen that offered.