beware of jeans pocket

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mcbain

i put my ipod in my jeans pocket today and when i took it out, there is all this blue and black fuzz all over it and some inside my case. I get mad and when i get home i immediately clean it. Wiping with towel and using windex to clean case, its all right now. Never put it in jeans!

Tony Mac

I have an iSkin and put it in my pocket all the time, when I get the chance, I take it out and clean it, or just use some tape to get all the lint off.

pseudocide

illest villian
i carry my ipod naked in my pocket every day. I really dont give a damn about scratches, or lint, they dont effect performance and i dont think it makes a big difference in how it looks. I suppose i could get a case, but it would only add bulk, and as far as i know an iskin wont protect your ipod from any real damage (a fall for instance)

swy32x

I find that jeans pockets are a bit rougher than regular pockets, and as such aren't as good for a naked iPod, potentially scuffing it.

Mister Laugh

just make a little slip on and off cover to lput over your ipod while its in your pocket. its much better than having a bulky iskin on your ipod.

DJ LUCiTE

*Not really a DJ
Website
www.xanga.com
I stopped using cases since both of my iSkins scratched my iPod the hell up.

See, the cases will prevent scratches from like, lying it on a table, or brushing it against something, but when little pieces of dirt get IN the case, every time you touch it the case moves a bit. Movement + sharp piece of dirt = scratch. I had the case on for a month and when I took it off it had a bunch of these dull spots from dirt and crap getting in the case and scratching it. That, plus cases are bulky and tend to stick to the inside of your pants pocket. Egh.

I listen to my iPod, not stare at it. Though to ease the staring part I *did* brush-metalize the iPod. Now I don't have to worry about trivial scratches, my iPod's unique with a logo (well was before I lost it...long story) and I don't have to grab some case and make it thicker than it already is.

Now since I lost that iPod on the bus (Yeah, I know i'm totally contradicting myself on the whole "sticking to your pocket" cuz had I had a case it wouldn't've fallen out but shhh :D) and I got a 1st gen off of eBay...I even moreso don't want a case now. The thing's gonna be so thick if I got a case, lol. Plus, I can tell the original owner had a case...it's got a bunch of those characteristic "case scratches" all over the front and the back. Time for some good ol' polishing, then brush-metaling.

My $0.01 (1 cent was charged for income tax)

nycvuth

I wasn't crazy about buying a case for my iPod because it would've added bulk. I still use the plastic that came with the iPod and taped the black slips together lol. Its worked out so far.

DJ LUCiTE

*Not really a DJ
Website
www.xanga.com
Well today I made the mistake of hastily shoving my earbuds in with my iPod my pocket. I walked around for 2 periods before realizing that the earbuds were in the FRONT of the iPod...so I pull it out and there's this mediocre dulled part right in the middle of the fken screen!
I'm gonna grab some brasso and buff it out ASAP. ####ed me off.

XxPumaxX

iPod is so fragile. :( My dads 20 giger is all scratched and stuff and he takes good care of it...
Mini doesn't have those problems, neither my Zen Touch. :D

DJ LUCiTE

*Not really a DJ
Website
www.xanga.com
I don't ever put mine in a case because I found that cases put lil tiny scratches in that are really hard to get out.

If a tiny piece of dirt gets in between the case and the iPod, every time you bump or move the case, it moves the dirt, and scratches the back. You get a nasty looking sandpaper-ish scratch, in lil spots around the back/front of the iPod. That's what happened to this 1st gen I got (got it off eBay used) and I'm busy repairing it now. It happened to my old 3rd gen with a iSkin eXo and a Xskn as well.

My iPod's just naked all the time. Plus, it looks better.

kevmakara

The Tie-Dye Alchemist
I have absolutely no problems with my case. I use the DLO Action Jacket Carrying Case and I haven't gotten a single (major) scratch since I started using it. It gives great protection, leaving only the click wheel exposed and it feels great in your hand. As for bulk, it really doesn't bother and the fit is pretty close, so it's not that big of a difference. I actually use a clip when I'm listening to my iPod, it came witht he case. I just clip it onto the my pocket so I can just reach down and adjust volume, etc.

B. W.

I've noticed that if you put water on the back, it'll take the fingerprints off. But that shows more scratches. :(

g0tr00t

IPOD 3g in an iSkin case. 3 foot drop on the corner to concrete. Case saved the corner from denting, scratching and possibly splitting....

iPod 3g $300+ new, iSkin case $29 , protecting my investment from cracking open due to my own stupidity PRICELESS .

Xarthan

nanolicious
i put my ipod in my jeans and i don't use a case. but then i don't care about scratches :)

ironweaver

Yesterday I was bored so I made my own iPod case out of an old jeans pocket. I cut it up and put a belt loop on the back then I lined the inside with a piece of a bed sheet. I put a little piece of left over material over the top with a snap and it works perfectly. My iPod's safe, secure, and scratch free.