Best way to reapir scratches.....?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
No no, not those kind of scratches. I think we have had enough threads about Brasso, iCleaner and the like the last few days.

Basically I have decided to undertake the task of re-ripping my entire CD collection, which is many many many many CD's.

The reason I am doing so is the first go around I ripped them using Musicmatch. I thought Musicmatch had a simple encoding system that above all was fast and since I began this process after I got my first IPod I put speed over quality when choosing which program to use.

Now after months of reading this site and the hundreds of posts singing the praises of the Lame encoder with the alt preset standard I have begun to question my choice to use MM to rip and have decided to undertake the immense task of re-ripping all my CD's using the Lame encoder in MC9.

Question is, I have noticed using the digital secure option in MC9 with the Lame encoder, that many more tracks than I would like are failing to encode due to scratches on the CD's.
I will admit, before the days of digital music, lugging my CD's around with me from the car, to the house, on vacation, lending to friends (the early version of Napster) took quite a toll on my collection.

My goal is to encode ALL the tracks on my CD's. AM I asking too much or is there a scratch removal process that really works on CD's. And if so what is it? I appreciate in advance all your help.

jimmie_d123

Website
www.LiverpoolFootballClub.cjb.net

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
Thanks jimmie, I believe I know which device you are talking about at the beginning of your post. It is a device you drop the CD in that supposedly removes scratches pretty well.

Has anyone had experience with such a device or one like it?