Best in Ear Buds for less money

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Flyboybob

Hi, I own a pair of JVC earbuds with the silicone tips that are about five years old. The left ear bud is on a shorter cord than the right so that the cord goes behind your head. They have an extra long cord which gets tangled up and is not very useful. I would like to replace them with ones that have equal length earbud wires and a shorter cord. I don't want to pay more than about $40 US. I know that sound quality is a very personal thing.

My son has a pair of Griffin Earthumps, which were not expensive, but the sound is horrible. They even make the original iPod earbuds sound great.

Does anyone have a good suggestion without paying a hundred dollars? I have a 2nd. generation iPod Touch. Are there any blue tooth ones that sound good and are reasonable in price?

Thanks in advance.

Mochan

jasoncordelle

Yeah - I have recently upgraded from Metro.fi 200's to Super.fi 3 Studios.

The quality you get in a UE IEM is amazing for the money.

Mochan

Yeah - I have recently upgraded from Metro.fi 200's to Super.fi 3 Studios.

The quality you get in a UE IEM is amazing for the money.
I've been thinking of upgrading from the Metro.fi 170s to the Super.Fi 3's myself. How does it compare?

jasoncordelle

I've been thinking of upgrading from the Metro.fi 170s to the Super.Fi 3's myself. How does it compare?
There's not an immediate WOW factor, but there is definitely a difference. Fitment is one thing and clarity is another. I was surprised when I went to the MF200's as I had never heard sound separation like that before (Soundstage), but it is remarkably more definitive in the Super.fi's. There's a lot of songs that I can now recognise having been ripped at a lower bitrate or of lower quality than when I had my previous IEM's.

Don't expect a massive leap in bass, but the sound isolation is so much better and the quality and fitment is so much better than the Metro.fi

Mochan

Sounds good. I'll pick up the Super Fi 3's one day. The Metro 170's had great separation and unbelievable oomph in the bass but I don't particularly need more oomph. I have the Turbines which are just as oomphy so what I need is a different kind of sound signature with more clarity and separation.

Money is a little tight now but maybe I'll get the Super.Fi's as a Christmas gift to myself later.

Thanks for the info man.

Mochan

I've spent some time with the Super.Fi 3's and I agree with most of your assessments. The soundstage is just great on these. Separation is really good and the clarity is a few notches up from the Metro.Fi's.

I still keep the Metro's though; the Metro has the bass oomph I like which the Super 3 sacrifices for clarity and separation and sound stage. The two are keepers and give me a different kind of sound and experience each.

I'm now such a huge fan of Ultimate Ears, has to be my favorite manufacturer.

Mochan

Dr. Dre's Beats are a great dark, warm-sounding phone but they are not the best and they are definitely way overpriced. I wouldn't mind having one but I wouldn't pay $350 for it.

Mochan

That's a big thing I didn't like about the Beats. I wish they would work without batteries, as in work as usual minus the noise cancellation. Beats took too much of a cue from the QC3s which are the same.

Flyboybob

I bought a pair of Scosoche IDR 300 headphones and they sound great. They have better bass and clearer treble than my JVC headphones. The IDR 300 come in white with six different color inserts that fit on each earpiece including a clear one if you just feel like all white headphones. They sell for $39 U.S. but they can be purchased from the Scosoche website for $29. If you want a built in microphone and a inline controller, the IDR 350 are $20 more.

For the money they sound great.

Mochan

Can't say I've heard these but I'm glad you're happy with your purchase!