best headphones for travel, student on budget

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

javabird

My son is flying to Europe and I would like to get him some headphones for travel. They need to be compact enough to stow in a backpack. I am also on a very limited budget and would prefer not to spend more than $100. Recommendatations, anyone?

javabird

So I was just at Circuit City looking at their choices and they also had Sennheiser noise-cancelling earbuds. Has anyone tried these? Would they work as well as headphones?

javabird

Your link doesn't seem to be working, but I think these were the ones.
They also had these headphones which had very good reviews. The headphones also fold up and fit into a nice case for travel.

slashdot87

for a long flight like that, you want to get him something that will be able to block out the noise of the plane and the passengers. Etymotics also have been getting good comments ER-6Is.

I am still deciding on another pair to go along with my UEs.

P.S. Those Sennheisers were cheaper at Newegg...sorry my link was busted...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106176

I think it will be better now... (I Hope)

javabird

slashdot87 said:
for a long flight like that, you want to get him something that will be able to block out the noise of the plane and the passengers.
Thanks. For that reason, I decided to go with the Senn PXC250 headphones. Found a good price at JR.com.