Best GPS Software for UK

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

weatherman

Señor Lounger
I have to take an unexpected trip to the UK for a funeral and I'm trying to find a GPS routing software that doesn't require a data connection and doesn't cost $100. Anyone have any recommendations? It seems like there are a few around the $30 price but it's not clear that they don't use the data connection and it's hard to say if they're any good because they don't have many ratings. The options I've found are;

1) Ituran UK - $34
2) Co-Pilot Live UK - $33
3) Navmii UK - $33
4) Navd - $19
5) Mobile Maps UK - $50 (the only one that explicitly says it doesn't need internet connection)
6) G-Map UK - $31

Anyone have any experience with those or at least other maps from those companies?

jasoncordelle

I've heard good things about Co-Pilot, but I'm not sure if they cache the maps or if you need to use data to download map tiles as you go...

weatherman

Señor Lounger
Thanks. I actually found this chart that compares all of the ones that I've mentioned. While it doesn't say which one is best, it definitely has some advice about which ones are better and which ones to avoid.

iPhone Navigation App Comparison Chart

That chart seems to put CoPilot near the top for the reasonably priced options, so that's the one I'm going with. I was going to go with G-Maps just because they don't charge extra for TTS, but apparently it's no longer available (possibly being updated?)

Nordle

I have co-pilot and it's been brilliant.

I'm heading South in a mo and I'll turn off my data connection and see if it still tracks my journey.

Will let you know later. . . . . .