Best Earbuds for Running

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Don G.

Does anyone have any suggestions for headphones or earbuds for running? I heard that the sony ex71's are uncomfortable when running. It's not heavy running, just a treadmill at the gym. I was looking for something that will hold in place nicely without me having to adjust them constantly. Thanks.

Don G.

no one has any suggestions? i was thinking about buying the funtopia earphones but i don't know if they're good for jogging.

roastbeef2night

Well I'm not sure about running... but I find the Sony EX51 earbud great for biking. The in-ear design seals out wind noise very well. I can't think of anything that would make them unsuitable for jogging. Just be very aware in traffic.

Last edited:

Don G.

the only thing i was concerned about was that they would come lose with the motion of running but i guess ill give them a try.....thanks.

roastbeef2night

It seems the in-ear style works well for most, but not everyone. You have to get a good seal using the size that fits your ears the best. This is absolutely critical for the best sound and secure fit. If your lucky, and they fit right, I have no doubt you will find them superior in sound quality to the non in-ear style (i.e. the stock iPod buds), and will comfortably stay sealed in your ears while running.

You'll probably find eating with the in-ear buds a little noisy. Try plugging your ears and eating something... you'll see what I mean.

I find I use the stock iPod headphones if I want to be a little more clued into my surroundings while listening. For instance if I go shopping and need to interact with cashiers etc. If I want to block out noise and really listen while riding the bus, biking, snow-boarding, or watching movies on my laptop, I like to use the Sony in-ear buds.

kauffee

I'm not a fan of in-ear phones for running. When you seal your ears, every footstep you take makes a thump. This is called occlusion effect. Try plugging your ears and walking around. It's not too bad when you're walking, but I find it extremely loud when running. Personally, I'd rather just use a pair of earbuds or clip-ons.

jessica.

Don G.

thanks for the suggestions guys...i really appreciate it

i originally had a dell dj and i used sony round the ear headphones similar to what moxxi posted when running....i find that they are the best as far as not falling out.....i don't need super expensive headphones so that's not a big deal.....the thing i'm most concerned about is that i do want to keep the white iPod color going so I might think about picking up the Sony Ear Clip phones in white....those look like they might do the job for running

the only thing I hate about that style is that they basically ALWAYS tangle up in the most complicated of ways

i just purchased my iPod so I haven't even had the chance to listen to it through the stock earphones.....next time I get to the gym i'll make sure to try them out but I have to wait for my Showcase case to be delivered on tuesday

thedodgyguy

Declined Lounger
Sony make the MDR-J11G, which is available in the US. These are their round-the-ear water (i.e. sweat) resistant phones. You'll notice the inverted teardrop shape of the earphone mount plus the downward sweep of the earphone mount: Both of these features prevent sweat draining into your ears. They're cheap so I don't know how bad they sound, but they are definitely suitable for sports and running activities.

Another alternative is the MDR-A35G, another S2 phone which is a folding headbanded earphone. Once again, the upward sweep of the earphone mounts drains sweat away from the ear and keeps sweat coming from the head out of the ears. The fit is light and yet stays on well during running.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=MDRJ11G&Dept=acc_Headphones&CategoryName=acc_Headphones_h.ear

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=MDRA35G&Dept=acc_Headphones&CategoryName=acc_Headphones_Lightweight/Sport/Vertical

DanaS

Website
www.h2oaudio.com
Give H2O Audio a try

You may want to give H2O Audio headphones a try, there's a couple different styles, and best of all their waterproof and sweatproof, so they won't short out from sweating on them and you can rinse them off after you're done.

~Dana
H2O Audio

IronmanHI

BEST Earphones EVER!!!

I am an avid triathlete and runner and have found a set of earphones that was designed by a runner FOR runners! They are WATERPROOF so it doesn't matter how much it rains or you sweat....or even if you dump water on your head during a marathon. The biggest thing for me was that they are only 12" long! I, and nearly all of my triathlon buddies, run with a hat or visor on to keep the sun out of our eyes and clip my iPod shuffle on the hatband/visor strap and these earphones go directly from the back of my head to my ears! No tangling....no getting pulled out....no problems at all! These things are GREAT!! They sell for about $20 a set which is well worth it as I have more than 500 mile on my set and they are still going strong!

Plokoon

What is the name of these? I can't run with earbuds because they are constantly falling out of my ears.

I have some relatively cheap Philips earbuds with the behind-the ear hooks, which seem to wrk well. For $20 you get what you pay for as far as audio quality, but I am not comfortable with using my more expensive Bose earbuds while running because I tend to abuse them and when I finish my runs, the earbuds are soaking wet.

I'd love to find something with a little better audio quality, but with the earhooks and waterproof, too.

earbuds™

Does anyone have any suggestions for headphones or earbuds for running? I heard that the sony ex71's are uncomfortable when running. It's not heavy running, just a treadmill at the gym. I was looking for something that will hold in place nicely without me having to adjust them constantly. Thanks.
well, the same type earbuds may not suitable for everyone. The best way to find your favor is to read more information about earbuds. Others' experience will be a big help for you.

hope this will be good for you...lol....Earbuds™

Emily W.

Best Jogging Headphones!

The best earbuds or iPod headphones I have found for running are the new ZIPPEARZ sports ear buds. These comfy ear buds won’t fall out – which means that no matter how sweaty I get or how much I move, my music remains uninterrupted. This is important – on the trail or pavement, the last thing I want is to be struggling with ear buds that keep slipping out. These jogging headphones are by far the sturdiest, most comfortable earbuds for running that deliver amazing sound. I cannot stand the feeling of damp, slippery headphones (ew!), and so far, these ZIPPEARZ sports ear buds have been the only sports headphones that actually stay in place while I jog.

JChris

Holy Cow! This thread is going on 8 years old!

I was actually Googling best running earbuds and this thread came up.

I think I'm going to end up going with the Yurbuds, as they look pretty sweet!

DexterJones

I don't do a lot of running but when I mow my grass I use a blue tooth headset. It is a Motorola and they are extremely light weight and they don't need to be adjusted constantly. I would totally recommend them.

mr_infamy

Married Man of Mystery
I bought the Polk Audio Ultrafit 1000s for use when I exercise because my daily use earbuds wouldn't stay in and I was forever jamming them into my ear canals which isn't too good for the eardrums.

I've been really happy with them so far. The have a sound that works really well for exercising but they don't block out so much noise that you would get hit by a car you didn't see. They are also sweat-proof and come with a 3-button remote/mic. The cable is a flat one, but it's a pretty robust-feeling flat one so I don't think it's going to fray anytime soon.