Battery question for ipod touch experts

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

brendan_kelly

I just received an iPod touch 2g for X-mas and I am a little concerned about my battery. I loaded my digital copy of the Dark Knight on it and I was able to get through the movie once and almost a second time, for a total of about 4:45.

I can live with this but it's the audio that concerns me. I am currently testing the battery length for audio with the auto lock feature off and the unit on shuffle (so the screen is on all the time but wifi is off as if fetch new data, etc). About five hours in I've received the 20% battery remaining message. Is this normal? The only think I can think is that most people don't notice these problems because they don't have the screen on all the time and they don't play music for five hours continually (usually). Please help a guy out. :(

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
The LCD takes up a lot of power, especially the backlight. What's the backlight level?
When Apple does battery testing, they usually turn the display off and just let the iPod play until it dies. The backlight/LCD is the reason your battery life is crappy, just Lock it when you're just listening to music and you'll be fine.

-CM

brendan_kelly

Hmmmm...I just finished my test and the ipod held its charge for music for almost seven hours. This was with auto-lock turned off and the brightness level at about half way. Does this sound right to you guys? I have no problem if it's normal but I'm just scared that I have a lemon. :(

biggggant

7 hours sounds good.... i listen to my touch almost all day at work with auto lock turned on and I can get 2 work days usually out of my battery. So that would be around 10-14 hours of music with the screen off with the volume at about 75% and about 45 emails a day via push.If I turn location off I can gain almost an additional work day out of the touch.

brendan_kelly

biggggant said:
7 hours sounds good.... i listen to my touch almost all day at work with auto lock turned on and I can get 2 work days usually out of my battery. So that would be around 10-14 hours of music with the screen off with the volume at about 75% and about 45 emails a day via push.If I turn location off I can gain almost an additional work day out of the touch.
Ah, that's very reassuring. Thanks man.

DerekVOF

Just a note but I didn't see you indicate that you'd turned off Wi-Fi, Push, and Email checking. Wireless access burns the battery up almost as quickly as the screen...