battery life

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mina

ipodlounge beaver
After recieving my ipod in the mail last week the maximum battery life has been around 5-6 hours, i've heard a lot of people are having this problem with their 4G 20/40gb pods, so if you have this problem, please feel free to post here. I Want to see how extensive this problem is, will be returning mine soon.

Mina

jedk

Have you tried draining the battery fully then recharging it? This may help fix the problem

entica

I've tried full drain/full charging my battery several times and I still only get about 6-7 hours out of my 4G 20gb. I have the backlight set to 5 seconds and rarely flip around tracks. Most of my stuff is 192kbps AAC. I don't use soundcheck and only occassionally use the EQ. I feel like I should definitely be getting closer to 10hrs if not more. I've already kicked the crap out of the back of my ipod though so I doubt I can return it now. *sigh*

Mina

ipodlounge beaver
Entica wrote: I've tried full drain/full charging my battery several times and I still only get about 6-7 hours out of my 4G 20gb. I have the backlight set to 5 seconds and rarely flip around tracks. Most of my stuff is 192kbps AAC. I don't use soundcheck and only occassionally use the EQ. I feel like I should definitely be getting closer to 10hrs if not more. I've already kicked the crap out of the back of my ipod though so I doubt I can return it now. *sigh*
I'm currently waiting for the local apple centre to open on Monday morning so i can go in and try and get a replacement. As well as its poor battery life (5-6 hours,128kbps with no button or backlight use) it came out of the box with 4 sqaure shaped patches on the back of the ipod. It also resets itself alot, so my settings have to be updated regularly.

I'm extremely disapointed with its "just out of box" condition and i'm praying apple will give me a replacement, Any thoughts?

Mina.

Last edited:

entica

You shouldn't have any problems returning/exchanging it. You just purchased it recently so they should be good about exchanging it. I'm still doing a few more battery tests with mine before I decide what I'm going to do. I have other issues I'm unhappy about with my iPod so returning it or exchanging it wouldn't be all bad.

djpmz

NEW 40GB 1.2 hr. battery life

I have a 4th gen 40Gb - about two weeks old, now won't hold a charge overnight! The 12 hour battery life seems more like 1.2 hours.

I would like to copy the contents of about 1,000 tunes (so far) out of the iPod, which doesn't seem possible.

I'm calling Apple today - I thought the iPod was soo coool.... but now I'm thinking of asking for a full refund.

Anybody else having this kind of experience? or have any suggestions?

:mad: