Battery Life Sucks (Yes, I did a search already...)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Long story short...

My iPhone doesn't last for the entire day. I get up at 7AM for school, go to bed around 11PM-12AM. Light usage only, I don't even listen to music on it. Using it strictly for talk (10-15 mins/day) and text (~150 msgs/day). Turned off Vibrate + Sounds, since I'm in class all day. Some light browsing, Facebook, Twitter, etc. NO games, NO videos. I turn off 3G at school and at home because I have Wi-Fi there, and turn off Wi-Fi while commuting or going out since there's obviously no Wi-Fi. Location services is ON, data is ON. Brightness is at 50%. Running iOS 5.0.1. Jailbroken with redsn0w (untethered). By 6PM I'm usually at about 20% battery life.

Anybody else experiencing the same issues? I tried a bunch of tips and none of them work. I have heard about 5.0.1 having battery issues, and I'd like to know if there's a fix. Or if this is normal, please let me know. So far, I have two solutions;

1) Take it to the Genius Bar and have it checked out (Warranty is good till Oct 2012)

2) Mophie Juice Pack

Please help me out or share similar stories!

PS: I don't mean to be rude, but if you're just going to tell me to "man up" and charge the iPhone mid-day that's not the solution I'm looking for. I'm not always around a wall socket/dock connector, and I'd preferably like a phone that can keep up with the light daily usage of a student. (Light? Try 114MB of data usage last month. Lol)

Sparkee

iPhone 4 or 4s? I experienced bad battery life for a few days but a quick restart fixed my iPhone 4. Since then I have been keeping an eye on Location Services which is suspected to be the main source of battery drain since it may activate the GPS regularly. Familiarize yourself with Settings/Location Services and what the icons represent, you can turn it Off but I still like some of it's features.

I found using location based reminders can increase battery usage quite a bit since it needs to know where you are all the time. One feature I also found constantly activating the GPS is Location-Based iAds, turn it off in Settings/Location Services/System Services. While in System Services turn on "Status Bar iCon" to activate the icon for these system services as well. Keep an eye on the GPS/Location Services icon appearing excessively in the status bar to help narrow down what is activating.

Even though it is a widely reported issue I would take it to the Apple Store to get the battery tested if one is handy. My iPhone 4 just went 2.5 days with moderate use.

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
iPhone 4 or 4s? I experienced bad battery life for a few days but a quick restart fixed my iPhone 4. Since then I have been keeping an eye on Location Services which is suspected to be the main source of battery drain since it may activate the GPS regularly. Familiarize yourself with Settings/Location Services and what the icons represent, you can turn it Off but I still like some of it's features.

I found using location based reminders can increase battery usage quite a bit since it needs to know where you are all the time. One feature I also found constantly activating the GPS is Location-Based iAds, turn it off in Settings/Location Services/System Services. While in System Services turn on "Status Bar iCon" to activate the icon for these system services as well. Keep an eye on the GPS/Location Services icon appearing excessively in the status bar to help narrow down what is activating.

Even though it is a widely reported issue I would take it to the Apple Store to get the battery tested if one is handy. My iPhone 4 just went 2.5 days with moderate use.

Thanks for the help! Did the whole Location Services thing though, saw it in a previous search. I guess I'll just take it to the Apple Store, I'm about 15 mins away from one by train. Warranty is still valid so I hope they replace/repair it.

dbscothorn

I recently had battery issues also. (iPhone 4S) My usage and standby was identical, Genius Bar confirmed the issue, so I did a complete reset and set up as new, no restore from backup. Finally found the culprit which was a "data tracking"app. (I used it to track my data consumption) I deleted the app and now get 16-20hrs with light use. (I only use about .22GB a month) I also changed from "push" to "fetch" hourly for mail and this seems to help. Hope this helps.

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Thanks! I changed my Push to Fetch Hourly the other night, charged to 100% and left it on standby overnight to see the drain. Only lost 5% over a 12 hour sleep so I think it's definitely an improvement. Did a hard reset too. Fingers crossed.