Battery Life Issues on 5.0.1 [Fixed]

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Had been experiencing huge battery issues with my iPhone 4 on 5.0.1. Battery would drain about 20-25% in 2 hours with minimal usage (maybe only 10 text messages, vibrate off, ~5 mins of facebook).

FIXES:
- Do not install 5.0.1 as an update. Instead, restore your phone using the new firmware and everything should be okay. I chose to restore from a backup and now my battery issues are gone. If your battery problems persist, set it up as a new iPhone.

- Delete all your email accounts, and set them up again. Not sure why this works, but it did for me...

- Also, go to Settings > Location Services > System Services and turn OFF Everything you don't need. Turn OFF any apps that use Location Services if you don't really need them.

- If you don't completely need your emails to arrive asap, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and turn Push OFF. I personally set it to Fetch every hour.

- Not using Bluetooth? Turn it OFF.

RESULT:
Left it on standby overnight and went from 100% to 98% in about 12 hours. 3G + Wifi on, received about 2-3 emails and a couple texts during the night.

IMPORTANT:
Jailbreaking *may* ruin your battery life. Make sure you are jailbreaking with the latest version of whatever you use (I used redsn0w) and install as little as possible, as many non iOS5-compatible packages will adversely affect your battery. I'm currently only running SBSettings, In*****ous, BiteSMS, and Activator.

If you are having issues please try this out and save yourself a trip to the Genius Bar. Bit tedious but it's definitely worth it in the end. Good luck

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Update: Been using phone all day, medium usage. On since 7AM, it's now 10:45PM where I am and I'm at 45% battery. Great improvement.

dknowle

I have 5.0.1 on my 4S. No problems with battery until I tried turning on location services for Siri. That got quickly turned back off.

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Define "medium usage".
Medium/Moderate Usage: For me, this is ~100 texts sent out every day, vibrate ON, brightness @ 50% with auto-brightness ON, 3G + Data + Wifi turned ON all day, location services ON, maybe about <10 mins of voice calls, 2 hours of music listening at 75% volume and Sound Check ON, and an hour or so of browsing.

I unplug at 7AM, and usually I'm around 35-40% by the time I plug it back in (before bed) at 12AM. No charging during the day.

Does that help?

dknowle

By turning Siri off, does that mean it wont work?
Don't turn off Siri. Just turn off the option for Siri under location services in settings. Siri will still work for everything except requests that require your location such as "find restaurants near me"