Battery Dieing constantly?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Larathydo

Hey there,

I just bought my 40GB iPod a few weeks ago, and noticed that the battery seems to be acting up. Yesterday, i fully charged the battery and used the iPod for about 5 minutes then went to bed. When i woke up the next morning, the battery was almost completely dead - even after i wasent using this? Why does it drain so fast when i'm not using it? I'm aware of a spesific thread about the battery, but i havent even used it and it's draining the battery???

b-boy

try recharging it, using it for 5-10 minutes, and then power off as follows:

1. Hold down the Play/Pause button till it shuts off
2. Push the Hold switch to "hold" (orange shows up)

Then in the morning, check it to see if it's discharged.

Larathydo

ok, ontop of that, i just took it off the cradle for a moment and there wasent even a sign of any battery power left - like a completely hollow battery!

Larathydo

LOL, i ment that being the case after charging for 2 & 1/2 hours.

I will try what you said though tonight. Thanks for the help!

Larathydo

Last night i just let my iPod lay on the table beside my computer. I did not touch it at all and the next morning the batery was completely dead. Not even enough power to turn the screen on.

Is this normal? I dont want to do the battery test (I did indicate in the first post that i was aware of that battery thread) because i'm not concerned about the battery life during playback... I'm concerned about my battery dieing when it's not even being used!

Any suggestions? It's getting rather fustrating :(

ginalee

Website
www.slavecalledshiver.com
The battery thread would answer your concern about "battery dying when it's not used".

A battery test would determine if your battery is defective or not.

The ipod always loses power when it is not being used, even it has been charged previously.

The battery meter is inaccurate.