bands like bloc party?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
You could do a search and find many, as this has been asked before. Or you could just wait for everyone to reply to this one again with the same recommendations...

What about:

Maximo Park
The Bravery
The Killers
The Futureheads
The Ponys
Radio 4
Hot Hot Heat
Franz Ferdinand
VHS Or Beta
The National
Hard-Fi

Sypher

transmissions94
Website
www.undergroundhiphop.com
^ And we follow the familiar pattern of someone suggesting virtually everyone and me scraping the barrel to find some other bands to suggest :D

Joy Division, Sonic Youth, Pixies, Gang of Four (okay those were actually the most obvious because Bloc Party are like them rather than vice versa..) Editors, The French Kicks, The Departure, The Rapture, Secret Machines, TV on the Radio...

neb

Stay tuned for Babyshambles new material coming soon!

Tooth

The new album by THE NATIONAL is great. You can stream it from their website: americanmary dot com

neb

iMacc said:
neb are you in charge of their PR ? You never stop mentioning these guys :D ;)
I'm just a little excitied. My friends call me obsessed, but it's just a hobby. I think Doherty deserves every success because he does have a hard time, the press emphasise the wrong characteristics of his personality. I feel it is my duty to sort of educate people.

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
neb said:
I'm just a little excitied. My friends call me obsessed, but it's just a hobby. I think Doherty deserves every success because he does have a hard time, the press emphasise the wrong characteristics of his personality. I feel it is my duty to sort of educate people.
Fair enough.

Have you got a release date for us yet ?

neb

It's a lottery really. Doherty leaves coded messages on babyshambles.net. Some people have put their brains together and are hoping for an August release date. The proof is that they've recorded 30+ tracks and are in the process of mixing and whittling them down to a suitable album collection. They're also playing at most of the major festivals in the summer, so they must have something to promote pretty soon.

raine

SY Fanboy
Website
www.cokemachineglow.com
My friends say I'm obsessed with Radiohead. That one is probably true. But whatever. New album sometime in February 2006 or so! Woo-de-freaking-hoo!

Radiohead is not like Bloc Party. Listen to them anyway. But I'll double recommend Franz Ferdinand, Pixies, and if you feel like it, make the long stretch to Interpol and Pavement, because while they don't have a lot to do with Bloc Party, they're both stuck in my head. Eh.

maogall

The Bluest Light
Thanks for all the replies, i'll be checking out some of the bands you gave.

raine said:
My friends say I'm obsessed with Radiohead. That one is probably true.B]

What's wrong with being obsessed with Radiohead, they rock anyway!:D ;)

Last edited:

oodlenoodle

once you start listening to bands like Bloc Party, The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs etc. you will begin to realize, as i did, that they are cookie cutter bands claiming "the new face of rock n roll" but there is nothing inovative or revolutionary in there cds.

how to create a hot new wave rock band:
-tight pants
-blazers/sweaters etc
-long hair
-keyboards

atom_young

raine said:
My friends say I'm obsessed with Radiohead. That one is probably true. But whatever. New album sometime in February 2006 or so! Woo-de-freaking-hoo!

That sucks. I thought that album was coming out in the fall. Did something change?

raine

SY Fanboy
Website
www.cokemachineglow.com
Yeah. They entered the studio yesterday, homie. On atease, there are wild discussions on what's actually happening. We get these little snippets from the band and left confused and alone, weeping in a corner hoping that Radiohead will throw us a real bone, not some chip of it that we can lick until it's eroded away. CURSE YOU THOM AND YOUR SCHIZOPHRENIC POSTS! No, not until February at least.

Lara

Raine - I'm with ya, being equally obsessed with Keane. Let's just say "hopes and fears" describes the waiting well. (And I only became a fan this year.)

But hopefully the next Radiohead will come sooner than later, though you can probably surmise I'm more pre-OK Computer than post. :) There's going to be tons of great stuff next year I think, Arcade Fire will probably have something new too.

PS - I'll do my own PR work for Goldspot. Their debut album "Tally of the Yes Men" will be officially released August 23, but I downloaded it on iTunes. I'll vouch for it being awesome, catchy pop with no fillers - you can hear some full tracks on their MySpace page.

Last edited: