backup flle corrupted

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

rwjrn

Sorry if this has been posted previously. I searched for a long time and can't find an answer. When I tried to update the software on my iPad it says it cannot backup because the file is corrupted. I deleted every iPad backup file I saw in preferences, but it still says the same thing. I ran the diagnostics and everything checked out fine. I am having no trouble syncing my phone or my iPods. Please help.

kornchild2002

This might be an iTunes issue. You should completely uninstall everything Apple on your computer (if you are running Windows). This includes iTunes, QuickTime, Bonjour, and any other Apple software. Go through the Control Panel to do this as well. Download a new iTunes installation file (even if you already have one on your computer) and install iTunes. Note that this will NOT affect your media library. Your playlists, ratings, videos, apps, etc. will still all be there after you re-install iTunes. Then try backing up your iPad. If not, there might be something wrong with your iPad and you could have to restore it without creating a backup.

rwjrn

Tried reinstalling iTunes. I still get the same message. iTunes could not back up the iPad because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iPad.