• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Back from Mexico

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Well I just got back from my week-long trip to Mexico. Man it's different down there. You can't drink the water, of course. Anyway, we rented a house on the beach in Ensenada, which is about 2 hours south of San Diego in the Baja. Totally awesome view, but no waves as we were in a bay. Still it was really nice. I got to brush up on my Spanish and got some genuine Mexican food. Luckily I didn't get food poisoning. Overall very fun, plus I brough back some fireworks.
By the way, I used my tape adapter with my iPod for about the first 15 minutes of the drive down, but I was disgusted with the sound quality. I switched to the oft-maligned iTrip, and was impressed as usual. Awesome quality, deep bass, and no distortion. I had to switch stations every now and then, but that's no big deal. Once again, my iTrip has outperformed my tape adapter, which I am beginning to think I won't use again.

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Because it has bacteria in it. Mexico doesn't really have the same water system that we have in America. No one drinks the water, not even people who live there. You have to aks for bottled water. You could get pretty sick if you drank it.

lpdude

ya me and my family went to mexico last summer and we had to get bottled water at all the restaurants, even the fancy ones. my brother drank the water, but he didnt get sick, but i wouldnt risk it

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Are you seure about the water thing? I live in the US and I don't drink the water here, either. My wife got one of those water cooler things and that's all we drink....

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Well some places in the US have nasty water, but it's still pretty good. I know that Long Beach has some of the best tap water anywhere. Still, most people prefer the taste of purified water, so they'll use Brita or similar to filter it. I drink Sparkletts water, for example. Also, it's kind of a crapshoot as to whether or not you're drinking contaminated water in Mexico. You can drink it and you may get water that is tainted but still ok to drink. However you also may get water that's infected with giardia and get reeealy sick. It's best to get only bottled water in Mexico, and to make sure the bottle itself is sealed when you get it.

JazzyMac

Jazzy Smooth
Sidebar: In a movie I once saw, they were in a restaurant in France, and the guy said: "See everyone's drinking bottled water--the tap water must be bad"

The reply was: "They drink bottled water here for the same reason people in American drink bottled water".

phr3do

ive gone to mexico tons of times, and ive never had any problems with the water.

... then again in mex. so i guess im used it. hahaha

phr3do

the state of Durango ... but i go to some little town where my parents were raised up in ... they dont even have a fire department, so i dont think their water is any good.

Jackus

ermmmmm... yeah... I have no idea how good our tap water is, but we Brita Filter it anyway... :)

djte

unmitigated apathy
Website
stripcreator.com
hey, Joshdude, it's nice to hear from a fellow traveller to Mexico. My wife and I went there this summer. she spent six weeks there as part of a study abroad program, and i went for a week and half after the class i taught this summer ended. i really loved it down there. bear in mind, too, that we did not go to the touristy places like Cancun (although it was a large city: we were in Queretaro).

but then i'm glad we liked it since we are both planning to focus on Latin America as part of our graduate degrees (she is in history, I'm in English).

it's also good to hear that you didn't get sick while down there. my wife was sick for over a week from the bacteria, and my brother (who came down with me) was also sick for a couple of days. luckily, i was the only one who didn't have any problems of that nature.

oh, by the way arsenalmad10, you may know this, but if you don't, brita filters don't do anything to get rid of the bacteria you would find in Mexico. they don't purify water, they just remove some of the things that make it taste bad. but i do agree that they make the water taste better (we have a brita because our local water tastes pretty bad).

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
La Baufadora was kind of tourist-y, but not as much as Las Gaviotas or anything. Still pretty 3rd world. Last time I went to Mexico was as a wee lad, and I got reeeeally sick. Not fun.