• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
Funnily enough I find sigs and avatars which dominate a forum to the point where they almost hide the posts to be a real pain. The attached image is purely an example - there are lots of forums where this is allowed and I find it makes the forums look messy. Sometimes big isn't best....

Attachments

~tl

MadPict said:
Funnily enough I find sigs and avatars which dominate a forum to the point where they almost hide the posts to be a real pain. The attached image is purely an example - there are lots of forums where this is allowed and I find it makes the forums look messy. Sometimes big isn't best....
I didn't want to use that forum as an example, and was too lazy to find another, but that's the point I was trying to make ;)

TOM

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
I actually like the way it is now, with graphic titles for the staff only, and then being allowed, for them, any sig they want......

Maxman

Don't Call Me Fat, Jon...
Bob, if you go to a forum, and aren't used to the sig sizes or something, it won't look as good. I got used to it at iOM, and I think it looks fine. Over here, I think it looks fine too. If the sig sizes got bigger, for example, it may take some time to get used to it, as I am not used to it.

enjoilax

MadPict said:
I beg to differ.

Neowin.net is a much much much more populated forum than here, with very liberal signature rules (compared to us). Same with Somethingawful.com and people PAY 10$ to get in and 5$ for an avatar. (Somethingawful.com had a "destroy our Alexa rating" contest, best "review" got 20$)

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=Somethingawful.com
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=www.neowin.net
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/?url=ilounge.com

And for some reason they still retain their pretty high user ranking. what you need to do is make a small avatar size (75x75) and a keep the sig size the same.

As long as the avatar size doesn't get out of hand, it won't detract from the post.
edit - Neowin's "show off your Avatar/Sig thread" - http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=379027&st=280

Last edited:

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
Maxman,
It just looks too much IMO - people get carried away. I have visited IOM on several occasions and one think that stops me from joining is the sheer overwhelming sig allowance there (did I hear a sigh of relief from some iOM'kers???) - totally OTT - but it's their call and as long as they are happy...

enjoilax,
I meant big sig isn't always best, not site....

And anyway - they are not avatars. They are merely an alternative usertitle - instead of "Admin", "Moderator" or "Helper".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.