Aux Input Help

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jhpope

Website
jhpope.blogspot.com
Hey guys,
I have a stock Kia Headunit. It supports a cd changer. It has a normal Alpine M-Bus connection. I bought the right adaptor from Crutchfield. I tried putting it in this past weekend, the plug and everything fit fine. But in the radio's manual it said something about switching a "System Switch" from "AI->Std" I couldn't find the switch anywhere, even took the radio apart a little. Checked the fuse box and trunk and couldn't find anything. Anyone else ever hear of something like this?

Thanks

steveklein

jhpope said:
Hey guys,
I have a stock Kia Headunit. It supports a cd changer. It has a normal Alpine M-Bus connection. I bought the right adaptor from Crutchfield. I tried putting it in this past weekend, the plug and everything fit fine. But in the radio's manual it said something about switching a "System Switch" from "AI->Std" I couldn't find the switch anywhere, even took the radio apart a little. Checked the fuse box and trunk and couldn't find anything. Anyone else ever hear of something like this?

Thanks
i had a hell of a time getting my AUX to show up on my Alpine head unit after I put in the correct adapter... but after pushing enough buttons, I finally got it. If you can't figure it out by wrestling it for 5 or 10 minutes, just call Kia.

jhpope

Website
jhpope.blogspot.com
i called the dealer and they weren't any help at all. when i pressed the CD.C button it just said no cd...tried a bunch but nothing worked. maybe i'll try calling another dealer