Autoupdate iTunes Library?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

weedenbc

The only feature I don't like about iTunes is that I can't seem to make it auto-update it's library. I have all my mp3s in the same folder of a shared drive and I don't want them auto-indexed into subfolders and such. But everytime I delete a file or change the filename or add a new mp3 I have to manually add it or delete it from the library. Has anyone found a way to do this automatically? Thanks.

chucktaylor

I am also curious about this, for a different reason.

For all users on my computer, i have a huge shared iTunes Directory with all 43+ gigs (12,600+ songs) of music. I let iTunes keep it organized.

Now my gf is actively using the iTunes Music store, with my credit card :(, and ripping CDs to the computer under her Windows profile. I would just like to make iTunes rescan it's library directory to look for files not listed in my current library (ie, things she's added/bought and are in her library) without having to clear the library, turn off "copy to library when adding," re-adding the directory, re-running sound check, etc.

ANYONE? ashawley, you still around? is there a better way to go about this? multiple users, same library?

chucktaylor

well, this worked for me:

File > Add folder to library > select same directory as "iTunes Music Folder Location" in the "Advanced" Tab of Preferences.

I had "Copy music to iTunes directory" on and it didn't make duplicates, thank god.