Automator Actions for iTunes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

trs80

Oh, awesome. Been playing with Automator these past few days, I'll give these a shot.

saipod

hi there...i'm not able to launch the installer for "dougs actions vol 1" on tiger...the installer bounces in my dock once as if it is about to open and then disappears..anyone know how i can solve this?
thanks

Website
dougscripts.com
Not sure. The installer is pretty much provided by Apple. What you can do is:

1) Control-click on the Dougs Actions Vol 1 Installer icon and choose "Show Package Contents" from the pop up

2) You will see a folder called Contents; open this and then open the Resources folder; open the Actions folder and the actions are there

3) Copy them to home > Library > Automator.

saipod

thanks a lot! it worked. its odd though - i'm not sure whether its coz of tiger ( as i've never tried the scripts before on older OS X versions having only recently discovered this site ) but even all the older scripts that i download from here just do not launch when i use the itunes script menu - the dock shakes a little as if its trying to open it but nothing. I always have to go to the individual scripts folder and open script editor and click run and only then it works. its wierd i'm not sure if anyone else has a similar problem. thanks!

okohll

You're not able to post the applescript source of the 'Get Selected Tracks or Selected Playlist' action are you? It would be a lot of help for me and perhaps others in creating automator actions.

Oliver

tweezerGlint

Automator 'convert tracks' skipping tracks???

I have tried to get a workflow going to convert alot of Apple lossless playlists to AAC (256) and I am running into a problem: Usually only half the tracks in a playlist get converted. Numbers have no rhyme or reason (1,4,7,8,9 or something).

Any ideas? is this a known problem?

Thanks,
Logan