Auto fill memory stick

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SimonJT

How do I autofill a USB memory stick with music randomly selected from iTunes on from my Mac? I know I can drag and drop specific tracks from iTunes, which I have done, but my memory stick is still half empty, so want to fill it with random music. iTunes used to have an option to do that, but I can't find where the option is now with the unending iTunes updates!
Any help greatly received.
Thanks,
Simon.

cjmnews

Staff member
It had that option for iPod Shuffle and some other iPods but not USB drives.

Your best bet is to create a random playlist set to the size you want and drag the tunes to your USB drive.

SimonJT

It had that option for iPod Shuffle and some other iPods but not USB drives.

Your best bet is to create a random playlist set to the size you want and drag the tunes to your USB drive.
Not at my mac at the moment, but how do I create a random playlist?

cjmnews

Staff member
Make a playlist of songs you want in the list call it Source, then make a smart playlist to grab the specific size of the free space of songs from Source.

SimonJT

Make a playlist of songs you want in the list call it Source, then make a smart playlist to grab the specific size of the free space of songs from Source.
Yes OK, but is there not an option to randomly fill a playlist?

cjmnews

Staff member
That is the way to create a (sort of) random playlist. Apple isn't great at random. I have a set of 18 playlists that mix together to make a better random playlist.