auto-eq song by song

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jefwhite

Sometimes I tweak the EQ just right for a certain song, and it would be great if the EQ settings "saved" themselves to that song if desired.

It is possible to name the EQ you have set up, and then got to the Info for that song, and under Options, choose an existing EQ Preset to link to that song.

What a pain!

Could a script be written to automate this? Best of all would be a button in iTunes that would just save the current settings to the current song...anybody know how?

Thanks!

Jeff

deeg

hi jeff,

Welcome to the board...something like this will assign the current active eq preset to the song.. would you also like it to save your tweeked EQ settings and then apply them ?i have not looked into that bit but if it is possible what name would you want to use.. the current song ?
Code:
tell application "iTunes"
	set theCurrentEQPreset to name of current EQ preset
	set EQ of current track to theCurrentEQPreset
end tell
and by using something like xkeys, available from versiontracker.com, you could assign the script to a function key which is as close to a button as i can think

Last edited:

jefwhite

wow...far out! can't wait to try it--thanks! it would have taken me many hours,and probably 50 lines of code if i could do it at all!

yes, it would be lovely to just be able to tweak and "update" the eq settings for a song...is that possible?

if a button is too hard--can the script be put in a menu?

deeg

well it does not appear to be possible to create an eq preset via script so the best you can do is tweak it manually and save it, then run the script to assign it to the song..

yes, if you dont want to use Xkeys to run the script via a pfkey, you can just copy and paste the code into the editor, save it as a compiled script and then run it from the script menu..

another option would be to save the script as an application, you could then give it a meaningful icon and run the script by double clicking on it .. post back if you need more details

the editor is in applicationns>applescript

Last edited:

jefwhite

bummer. so what you're saying is one would have to adjust the EQ, then save as a new preset, then run the script to assign it to the song? it's a step in the right direction for sure....i have to say i'm surprised it can't be done but....oh well!

thanks for all your help!

deeg

you cannot create a new eq setting via a normal script that talks to itunes.. it might be possible via gui scripting , which is using a part of the system to interact with the gui used by the user, but i doubt it.. itunes does not react to gui scripting very well.. i will have a play but don't hold out much hope...