Audiobooks to iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Northwest29

Greetings all!

I have two audiobooks in my iTunes under .'Books'. When I plug in my 160GB iPod in order to synchronize, all my music is sync'ed fine, but after I eject my iPod it says there are no audiobooks.

Is there a setting, or something else required in order to have my audiobooks sync'd to my iPod in addition to my music?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ron

Northwest29

Hello again all, well darn I thought for sure someone had run into this, or a similar, problem and could offer either an explaination or a solution.

If you should think of something please post it - I would be very appreciative.

Ron

cjmnews

Staff member
Plug in your iPod, click on it in iTunes. Click on the Books tab, select either All Audiobooks or Selected Audiobooks and check the books you want.

Northwest29

cjmnews, thank you for the suggestion. I did as you suggested and even selected the books individually. However, they still won't sync to my iPod. It is strange because I 15 podcasts and they sync'd just fine.

When I first purchased the books from iTunes they sync'd just fine - then they disappeared.

Any other suggestions/thoughts? I am truly stumped at what is going on.

ALL help appreciated.

cjmnews

Staff member
Try playing them in iTunes. If it asks you for your password, enter it. Then sync again.

If it does not ask you for a password, and it plays, then do you have enough room on your iPod? Did it set itself up to only sync a selected list of songs?

Northwest29

Hello again cjmnews,

The problem is solved thanks to your line "Did it set itself up to only sync a selected list of songs?" And do I feel stupid :eek::eek::eek:

I am so used to all the songs sync'n without even thinking about it, it never occurred to me that the audiobooks would "REQUIRE" a check mark if you wanted them transfered. And when I looked, you guessed it, they were blank. A check mark for each one took care of the problem. Well, a tough lesson for me with egg on my face, but it's not likely that I will ever forget it.

One stange thing remains. In iTunes the number of Podcasts and ItunesU that I have show up in a circle. However, it does not show that I have two books - it is blank?

My sincere appreciation for helping out - guess I'm one of those iPod-challenged people.

All the best,
Ron

cjmnews

Staff member
I don't think the number of audiobooks is populated like podcasts are.

It would be hard to calculate the number of books when you can have anywhere from 1 file for a book to 2300.