audiobooks not playing entire track before moving to the next...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

VesperDEM

Website
www.metzener.com
I've been listening to The Dark Tower series by Stephen King since December of last year. The first two books played through just fine since they were audiotape rips that were only ~45 minutes each track.

My problems started when I started listening to books I purchased through iTMS. The other three books have 2.5 hour tracks. Now, this would normally be fine since it remembers where in the track it was even if I switch to a different playlist then back to the audiobook later. However, I'll be listening to track 3 and be about 45 minutes to the end of that track when I get into my car for and try to start playing the book. The story sounds out of sync, and then I find that it has skipped to the beginning of the next track. I click the |<< button to go back to track "3" and the iPod jumps back to track 4. I pause the player, press |<< to get back to track three, press play and pop, back to track 4.

There have been times when I just wasn't able to get it to play the last 45 minutes of a track until I get to where I was going and tried again.

I'm having to burn the story onto CD's so I can listen to them without having this infuriating skipping problem. I was planning on burning them to CD anyway so I could lend them off to others, but still.

Anyone else see this happen to them?