Audiobooks Media Kind cf Audiobooks Genre

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Jozawun

I currently use a PC.
I have about 500Gb of Audio Files on an external HDD.
They are all MP3, and they are all spoken word - audiobooks (mainly), but also radio shows, plays and stand-up comedy albums, etc.
I currently use Media Monkey to catalogue and organise them.
I am about to switch to a Mac and then, of course, I will use iTunes, together with my virgin iPod.
I want them all to be bookmarkable, not just the audiobooks.
I have read as much as I can of the forums, and in particular Jesse David Hollington's extremely helpful Complete Guide to iTunes Audiobooks, Podcasts + iTunes U.
Two questions:
1. Can I, in the Get Info>Options>Media Kind tab, include all my files as "Audiobook", regardless of their tagged Genre; or do I have to change the Genre to Audiobook in all cases?
2. Does iTunes limit what descriptions I can use in Genres for my various type of file in any case?
Any help would be appreciated, so I can get the library as organised as possible before getting bogged down in learning a whole ne computer and OS.

Jozawun

Thanks to both of yoy, I now have answers to both my questions.

I had, of course, read all the threads about problems with length; but, unfortunately, after I had joined the books into one file each.

And, of course, there are almost no decent books under 5 hours in length - although many do come in at 6-8 hours.

So, all I can do is listen to them on the iPod and, if they get too choppy, listen to the rest the old-fashioned way; ie, falling asleep in the armchair listening to the talking wireless computer.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Overall, this is one of the very best "information" sites I have found anywhere on the web on any topic.