audiobook help please- different playlists possible?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

invisibleman18

Hi,

Does anyone know much about putting audiobooks onto the Ipod. I have researched a bit and found out that i need to make the files AAC and change the extensions from .m4a to .m4b to make them show up in the audiobooks folder. so theres no problem with putting them onto the ipod.
the question i have is this: is it possible to create other playlists to go inside the audiobook folder on the ipod, as in sub folders?
for example, i have an audiobook called "Stormbreaker". i know how to get it onto the ipod and into audiobooks. however, when i do this, it simply puts all the tracks in one list inside audiobooks. this means theres a list of 57 tacks there. stormbreaker is 4 cds. is there anyway to make 4 different playlists, say "stormbreak1", "stormbreaker 2" etc as subfolders inside audio books? this would make it easier if i wanted to add another audio book, i could simply access the folder as i would access and albumn folder in music rather than having to scroll through all the stormbreaker tracks to find the first track of the next book.

can anyone help?

thanks

robert

Retired
Try link to guide 4 below for a comprehensive solution, (I hope).

So that you don't have to re-rip the book you are listening to now, highlight iPod icon in sources, click on Create Smart Playlist under iTunes file,

Select Album contains Book Name
Play count is 0

R click file, select get info and put the pertinent info in to the Info tab for song, artist, album.

Name Smart Playlist Book Name

All else fails, try reading the guide instructions.

Last edited:

Anachronism

There is no way to put sub playlists in the audiobooks option. It would be pretty easy to use the join tracks feature to have only 4 tracks for the entire audiobook or you could use mp3 merger software to have only one track.

Check the guides at the top of this forum.

Anachronism

You have to do it when you rip the CD, there are detailed instructions in the stickys at the top of this forum but basically you highlight all the tracks on the CD and select 'join CD tracks' under the 'Advanced' option at the top of iTunes.