Audiobook Doesn't Sync to iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mucrick

I purchased an audiobook on iTunes this morning and I can't get it loaded to my iPod. The book is listed in my Audiobook Library and I have set my iPod sync preferences to transfer the Audiobooks library. Any recommendations?

Appreciate any assistance!

mucrick

robert

Retired
Are you set to auto synch or manual synch? If auto, is the little square on the left side of the audiobook listing in your iTunes Audiobooks Library checked? If not, check it and synch again.

If set to manual synch, drag the audiobook from iTunes Audiobooks folder to iPod Audiobooks Folder.

Try audible.com for better prices on audio books. On most books, audible.com is the ITMS source, but if you buy direct from audible, the audiobooks stay in your account permanently. Harry Potter is avail at ITMS but not audible.com.

See links in signature below for FAQs and tutorials on converting varioius formats to iPod files.

mucrick

Thanks, Robert. I tried everything you suggested but the book still doesn't show-up in my Audiobook selections on my iPod. It shows up if I search in the Music category by Artist, but not in the Audiobook menu. Strange.

mucrick

robert

Retired
For manual update, I have found that you must drag the file to the iPod Audiobooks folder for it to show there. If you drag it to the iPod icon, it will go to the music folder.

AFORLAND

Did you have anymore luck? I am running into the same problem. I can listen to the book but it is under albums and not in audiobook. Even though on the computer it shows it in the audiobook folder of the ipod.

AFORLAND

I just figured it out!

A music file has an extension of .m4p and an audiobook should be .m4b . So what I did was right clicked on the audiobook in the itunes and selected show in windows explorer. So it took me to my music/itunes/itunes music/ and there was the books chapters with the .m4p after them. I renamed the file by just deleting the p and adding a b. Then I went back to itunes to play the song and it said it couldn't find do want to search for it and I clicked yes and it went right to it with the .m4b after it. I doubled clicked on the file and it started to play. I did that with all chapters. Once it was on the the itune computer I deleted the audiobook off the ipod and dragged the new book into the ipod and guess what.... It now shows in audiobook on the ipod itself!

It really only taked like 2 minutes to do. Let me know if that helped.