Audience for the iPod Touch (?)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Audience for the iPod Touch

• Teenagers/High School Students

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • College Students

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Only wealthy people

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Gadget Enthusiasts

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • Apple Zealots

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters

kylo4

Who do you think the main audience for the iPod touch is? It's the most expensive iPod, so do you think a lot of high-schoolers or college folk will have it? Is it ultimately a geek or Apple fan device? Is it for everybody? What do you think? How many people have you seen with it?

Last edited:

paranoidxe

Gadget Ethusiasts/College Students, why? Wifi is widely available on college campuses and the iPod Touch isn't the best iPod (in the sense of a iPod)..it lacks capacity for video euthasists, lacks buttons for convience of pushing buttons in your pocket, and it generally takes longer to navigate through lists with a touch screen than the clickwheel (yes it does don't argue, outside of quick skipping to the beginning of a letter its not faster).

Its the neatest, nicest looking iPod to hit the market so it makes it a hit for a gadget enthusiast too.

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
nowadays teens are crazy about gadget, and intended to be tech savvy. only problem is that they don't have money to buy anyway. other than that they are major consumers.

kornchild2002

The iPod touch technically falls into three of your categories listed: Apple Zealots, Gadget Enthusiasts, and College Students. Apple Zealots buy anything that has the Apple logo on it so everything Apple makes fits them. Gadget enthusiasts want the iPod touch as they wanted the iPhone but didn't want to sign up for the service contracts and already like their cellphones. College students benefit from wi-fi as most colleges have campus wide wi-fi free to their students.

Chaski

Website
www.ed-parry.com
Yeah, it's mixed. I'm at high school and have only two friends with iPod Touches. We don't have WiFi in our school, but it's something I'm working on with the IT department. Because of the price, it does put a lot of students off.
I chose the Gadget Enthusiast option.

Phoenixfury

Personally I think it's for anyone who wants a palm top computer who might just want to have the web or their multimedia within their reach.. For instance while watching tv you might want to grab the Touch to do some surfing during commercial breaks. Or you just might simply want to go out for a coffee and just have a simple web surfing device like the Touch. Sure you could just take your notebook (if you have one) but I think most people that have a Touch will take it instead because it's just more practical.

I think of the Touch in the reverse order in the way Apple pitches it. I think of it as an internet device then a multimedia device. That's just exactly how I use it.

Chaski

Website
www.ed-parry.com
Stay Alive 305 said:
I only know 3 other people in my high school that have and iPod Touch.

I have to be honest and say it appeals most to extremely spoiled teens.
We're not spoiled! We work hard for our gadgets, and it's not often we succeed! :rolleyes:

andy2808

I know friends who own the touch, but also some that own the iPhone. I don't - I have a 3g nano, but it does appeal to students - many people can afford them. If we (not me but students in general) don't buy gadgets, its clothes. Many students work part-time anyway and can afford this stuff. Saying that, many of my friends choose not to have them. They already have a laptop for the internet and a simple phone and a mp3/ipod. Whats the point, if they want the Wi-fi access they can just enter the library or use any computer around the college.

JisforJeff93

I voted for Teens && HIgh school students..eventhough theres only like 5 out of the whole 500 students that actually have a touch in my HIgh school

tbsteph

In my house the only iTouch user is a retiree (Me). Not a large survery I'll admit but just an observation that gadget freeks come in all ages.

kylo4

kornchild2002 said:
The iPod touch technically falls into three of your categories listed: Apple Zealots, Gadget Enthusiasts, and College Students.
I figured it should of been multiple choice for those very reasons.

I don't know many high-schoolers who could afford this without their parents or a holiday assisting. Just the concept of spending $500 on a 16GB wi-fi tech player seems it would appeal to real gadget enthusiasts.

Paying off school could put a hamper on College students but the added benefit of free wi-fi is really useful. Need to google something on campus really quick, whip out the iPod.

I voted for the same three choices as Korn did.