Audible Prepaid Card

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Marthas1

Hi everyone,
We have a co-worker who recently bought an Audible compatible little Creative mp3 player. (not ready to spring for the Ipod...sigh) She just recently had surgery and will be out for a month, and we decided to give her a book credit from Audible. The gift site is down unless we want to pick a book out for her....definitely don't want to do this. In the "redeem" section of Audble.com, it describes the prepaid card. Does anyone know where these can be purchased? I know that Target sells Napster and Itunes prepaid cards..any chance they sell Audible as well?

Thanks,
Marti

anypats

I've seen them at Walmart. It does say on the card that you can only use one prepaid card per account and it is only valid on a new account. I think the reason for this is the prepaid card is only $9.97 and valid for one book.

Marthas1

Thanks for the info.

Just an update on the gift center at Audible.... I called customer service yesterday who is not giving out the same information as the Promotions department regarding gifts at Audible. Basically, the website gift center iis being redesigned, and the promotion department is unable to process any transactions, including the redepmtion of purchased gift cards. The site has been down since May 15th and they have no idea when it will be functional again. I hope we will still have the ability to give our book credits as gifts when and if it is available again.

We decided to go with an American Express gift card and let our co-worker apply the money to her own account. Boy, such hard work to spend money at Audible!

moriond

Interesting that they offer these prepaid cards. I wonder when they started this? One of the feedback comments I gave Audible back in December 2005, when they started trying to move subscribers over to the new plans was that I missed the Ultimate Listener plan variant option they'd run in previous years around Christmas time, where you could "gift" someone with 12 prepaid book credits. All of their present efforts seem directed toward bringing in "new" subscribers. But if you've already given someone a gift membership and they're now a subscriber, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to give them Audible books -- unless you choose a specific book (with no way of knowing whether it's already in their library) or let them "buy" books with credits off your account. Pretty awkward.

I think the Ultimate Listener plan (which would get you 12 book credits for $119.95, up to 2 years to use the credits, 20% discount on non-credit book purchases, and 50% off on subscriptions, set to renew annually unless you change this) or a variant would still be a good option for Audible to offer. Of course, then 1 book credit = 1 book, and now there are some multi-credit books. Most subscribers seemed to run through their credits in well under a year. Just my thoughts.

robert

Retired
Marthas1 said:
Thanks for the info.

Just an update on the gift center at Audible.... I called customer service yesterday who is not giving out the same information as the Promotions department regarding gifts at Audible. Basically, the website gift center iis being redesigned, and the promotion department is unable to process any transactions, including the redepmtion of purchased gift cards. The site has been down since May 15th and they have no idea when it will be functional again. ...
Breathtakingly incompetent. Down for six weeks and no idea when... Haven't they ever heard the basic rule to never install new software or website without the ability to return to previous status? A disaster in customer relations and marketing.

From what is said, when I renew, all this suggests I should go for a new and separate subscription -- wife's name, perhaps.