AT&T has Refurbished 8gb Iphone for $249??

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chucka

I went to the website and they are selling refurbs for $249
It says that it requires a 2 year agreement, but it comes to you inactive and says to activate with itunes.

does this mean i can order one from them, and then unlock it and not have to worry about doing the 2 year agreement?

I'm thinking about ordering it right now.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
thats what I paid for my 4gig. I may have to look into another refurb if they have the 16gb

eriqesque

I'm picking up 2 one for a spare
and one to unlock for ebay.

***EDIT***
I decided to hold off on these to see some reports of the condition these are.
I found out that these iPhones being sold at the stores and the website, are being refurbished by at&t and NOT apple. So the condition may not be the same.
They are coming with the same warranty however.

Last edited:

tomacco

how is the condition on it?? on a scale of 10. and does it come with the original box and accessories?

Last edited:

tomacco

also, i'm a current at&t customer so would it be possible to use the iphone without signing a new two year contract or adding a data plan? would it be possible to just jailbreak it and use my current sim card?

grp318

Yes, you can jailbreak it and use it on your currant AT&T plan.

grp318

If anyone orders one, please let us know the condition of the phone when it arrives. Thanks

chucka

grp318 said:
If anyone orders one, please let us know the condition of the phone when it arrives. Thanks
I ordered mine yesterday and noticed last night the they already charged me for it. My brother ordered one too.

I will post pics when I get them in. the email i got said it would be here in 3-5 buisness days.

also, why would at&t sell refurbs for $250 when apple sells them for $350? i guess it may be because it is at&t refurbing them instead of apple. i dont know.

airlights

chucka said:
I ordered mine yesterday and noticed last night the they already charged me for it. My brother ordered one too.

I will post pics when I get them in. the email i got said it would be here in 3-5 buisness days.

also, why would at&t sell refurbs for $250 when apple sells them for $350? i guess it may be because it is at&t refurbing them instead of apple. i dont know.
at&t still haven't charged me for mine but I got an order confirmation, and I ordered it around 4pm PST. I don't know if I should be worried or not. I guess I should wait until the end of the day before I start to panic. :/

Anyway, if you notice on Apple's website, they are listing the original price of the iPhone as $599.99 on their refurb page. That is probably the reason why it's only $350. A little messed up, non?

tomacco

looks like the deal died out sometime last night as it is no longer available on the at&t site.

chucka

I ordered mine a little after lunch on tuesday and today (wednesday) i got a tracking number. looks like it's going to be picked up tomorrow from them by dhl. but i'm hoping to get it by friday since it says that it is shipping from the same city i am in.

airlights

I ended up canceling my order seeing how it was back-ordered. The customer service rep then told me to wait a couple months -- like June -- to buy my iPhone because they are updating it. I don't think I can wait. Hahaha.

chucka

the updated is going to be free on any phone so dont worry about waiting :)

oh, I just got it (that was fast)

It came in the blue and orange at&t box.

the software version is 1.0.2.

It has no scratches on it at all and came with all the normal stuff, dock, headphones, ect...

Bernardo Gaetani

The price is expansive to a 2years contract... Maybe US$99... US$249 to a ref. phone and 2years contract, never!!!

grp318

Do tell guys!!!! How do you like the phone? Any scratches? Can you tell its a referb?