AT&T Data Plan

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SlickTX

My wife has an iPhone and we pay $30/mo for the unlimited data plan. If we get an iPad (still not sure) can we add it to the account and still pay the $30/mo for data or do we have to get a second plan and then pay $60/mo to have both with 3G access?

My thinking is that we would use one or the other for mobile access that is not wifi, but not both. But who knows, she could be Facebooking one one and I could be checking stock quotes on the other. If we have to pay 2X for the data plan that just may make the decision for us . . . at least as to a wifi only iPad or a wifi/3G iPad.

jmuhobo

Hey SlickTx,

There is actually no contract plan with the IPad. The breakdown is this, If you go with the IPad wifi + 3g. Then that means you can go with two plans if you decide to connect to the AT&T network.

15.00 for 250 MB of data or 30 for unlimited. You pay per month as you go. So let's say one month you want only 250 MB, you pay 15 for that month. The next month you don't want to use 3G at all, then you pay nothing. Then a couple of months down the road you are going a trip and want Internet and want to make sure you do not go over the limit. You get the 30 dollar plan.

Hope that helps!

kornchild2002

As previously stated; neither at&t nor Apple are using contracts for the 3G enabled iPad models. You can't add the iPad to your current at&t service as it won't be using a contract. Additionally, even if you could add the iPad, at&t would make you pay an additional $30 a month to get the added on data service. It would be the same as if you purchased two iPhones: you would have to pay $30 a month for each phone for a total of $60 a month.

At least there isn't a contract with the iPad so, as previously explained, you don't have to pay for data if you don't want to use it. Either way, you will have to pay $60 a month for an unlimited data plan for your iPhone and an iPad (not to mention any other packages you have with your iPhone such as voice and text messaging).