• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

aspect ratio

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

djczar

I've searched around for this without much luck. Basically, I want to make use of all available resolution the new ipod allows (480x480) but be able to view the videos with a 4:3 aspect ratio. Following, what cubeXpert said on the video conversion article here at iLounge, I changed the playback size to 640x480 in Movie Properties in QuickTime, and even though this fixed the playback aspect ratio in iTunes, my iPod still displays it as 1:1, with black bars on the sides. Does anyone know if the iPod supports custom aspect ratios? It would certainly seem so, since the widescreen videos from iTMS are properly formatted, there must be a flag somewhere, I would imagine... But how do you set it?Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot.