Artist Thumbnail Art (Image Attached)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DJSimonmurray

Hi All,

Can anyone advise if there is a way to update the ‘Artist Thumbnail’ art in Music on MBP (Catalina)?

The last few versions of iTunes did not appear to have this feature, however it was possible previously in that the thumbnail art was determined by the specific album rating. Whichever album had the highest star rating, the thumbnail art in the Artist tab defaulted to this specific image.

I don’t believe this is the case anymore?

The thumbnail art seems to be generated from some Apple database etc.

Please Apple, give us a means to change this and tidy up our libraries as many of the images are incorrect.

see attached image:

Simon.

cjmnews

Staff member
Based on some articles I found online these images are coming from Apple, with no way to alter them. The change was apparently made in 2018 with the release of iOS12. I will look at it when I get access to my Mac.

DJSimonmurray

Thank you buddy much appreciated.

I thought that to be the case

Thanks for your help

Simon

cjmnews

Staff member
I can confirm there is no way I can find to update the art in Windows iTunes or Mac Catalina Music.

My test artist also has different art on Catalina than the art on my established Windows database.

Odd to see I can't save files from Home Sharing iTunes on Windows to Catalina Music, I thought they would have kept that feature. Apparently it works between Catalina systems, but I don't have that. Manual transfer was required. I can of course download purchases from the iTunes Store as well.

DJSimonmurray

Thank You, really appreciate your help. I thought as much but just on the off chance i had missed something.

Cant understand why Apple changed this, it can make the layout look very untidy at times. Maybe someday......

Thanks again

Simon

cjmnews

Staff member
From what I was reading the art there for the artist to manage through Apple, I guess it could be sort of a social media thing like Apple tried with the follow the artist thing back in iOS 10.