Artist playlist question..

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mr wrong

I own a VW with the Premium 8 touchscreen radio. If anyone has any experience with these you'll know that the interface is very clunky, and slow.. In an effort to make browsing easier, I was wanting to make 26 playlists called A-Z respectively.. In each playlist I would place the artist in it's corresponding playlist.. Bands that start with "A" would go into the "A" playlist, etc.. Is it possible to set up a playlist that would display the artists names instead of individual tracks? Example

Playlist "A"- would show the artists- I would choose the artist>album>tracks

Is this possible?

Thanks..

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Unfortunately, no. When navigating playlists the selection is (playlist name) --> (songs). There is no intermediate selection to narrow down your selection to an artist or album within a playlist. About all you can do is sort the playlist as "Album by Artist" so that the playlist is sorted by Artist first, then by Albums by each artist, then by Track number within each album. But depending on the host interface of the stereo, it may only display song names so that wouldn't help.

Another possibility might be if your stereo supports playlist folders. If it does, you could set up 26 folders for A - Z, then individual playlists for each artist within each folder. That way, if you want to listen to ZZ Top you'd only have to scroll down 26 folders to get to the Z's, rather than hundreds or thousands of songs if things are sorted by song only.