Artist Lists

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bigjohnny7

The only criticism I have of my iPod is that when I turn it on, select Music and then select Artist, it lists (as you would expect) all the artists that appear on my iPod.

The reason why I don't like this is that it includes artists that may only have one song (by their inclusion on a compilation or a soundtrack) whereas I would prefer this list just to show artists whose albums I have on my iPod.

I have quite a few compliations, soundtracks and label box sets (Atlantic and Stax) so now when I turn my iPod on, i have hundreds of artists to cycle through.

Does anybody know a way around this or I should I just stop being so anal about it?

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
This is from memory, so sorry if it's a little off. In iTunes, highlight the music and select Get Info. Click the checkbox that says "Part of a Compilation" or something of that nature. Then sync your iPod, and under the settings on the iPod itself turn "Compilations" on. That should make it so that they are only available from the Music > Album view, not the artist list.