Apple's Quality/Reliability/Workmanship flat out sucks.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thejavaman1

TekMonkey said:
Sorry, but this really bugged me. Have you forgotten about the G5? Apple was the first to release a 64-bit machine.
Not even close. Intel's Itanium was out a long time before the G5, not to mention Alpha and others that have had 64bit computers out.

The iHP is a great product, if you want something that acts as much more than a player. My issues with it were its slugish startup times, lack of a bug free firmware, and overall busy interface. It did have many things going for it, the great battery life, and the LCD remote. However the sleekness of the iPod won me over. It is a great playback device and doesn't try and extend itself into other areas. It charges and syncs through one cable, has the best sync software of any player out there, and does exactly what I want: plays MP3s.

The unfinished firmware was the deciding factor in my choosing the iPod over the iHP-1x0 series. iRiver has a bad habit of dropping support for older devices very quickly (they promised an OGG firmware for the SlimX for about 6 months and AFAIK they still havn't delivered). I wanted something that I knew worked right now, even if it meant giving up some other features...

whit96

Banned
Tombo, you realize you have more posts here at this forum for a machine you don't own, than you do at a forum (MisticRiver) which targets discussion about a machine that you DO own.

And you're calling us lemmings? Let alone insinuating that WE'RE thin skinned?

BAWAWAWAHAWAHAWAHAWAHAWA!!!!!!

:D :eek: :cool:

Gimme a "T"!! Gimme an "R" Gimme an "O".........

nddl05

its sad when people lower themselves to fighting over things like this

tombo77

I don't post as much as I read there, yes. I learn more from reading posts about the Ihp. This is just pure enjoyment. The only thing have learnd here is zealotry is alive and well in the Ipod community......Its just a matter of degree.

Its funny to me whan I read about how someone'fell in love' with the Ipod. How "stylish" it is. How someone would rather use stock phones rather than be seen in other than white!

So I shake the tree and a few Apples fell and the Ipod Marines came to the rescue of all. I find that amusing how emotional one can get over an MP3 player....does it play MP3's? KIdding!

That purple skinned one looks pretty Jazzy on that guys belt in the lounge store! Im sure there will be Ipod rinds and Pendants shortly.
That kind of beauty and style can't just be reflected on a player. Its worthy of gold jewelery!

whit96

Banned
tombo77 said:
I don't post as much as I read there, yes. I learn more from reading posts about the Ihp. This is just pure enjoyment. The only thing have learnd here is zealotry is alive and well in the Ipod community......Its just a matter of degree.

Its funny to me whan I read about how someone'fell in love' with the Ipod. How "stylish" it is. How someone would rather use stock phones rather than be seen in other than white!

So I shake the tree and a few Apples fell and the Ipod Marines came to the rescue of all. I find that amusing how emotional one can get over an MP3 player....does it play MP3's? KIdding!

That purple skinned one looks pretty Jazzy on that guys belt in the lounge store! Im sure there will be Ipod rinds and Pendants shortly.
That kind of beauty and style can't just be reflected on a player. Its worthy of gold jewelery!
I see, so instead of imparting your wealth of knowledge about the IHP for others over there and maybe helping them enjoy your machine of choice a little more, you'd rather just insult and attempt to irritate those who own an MP3 player you don't own, with contempt I might add.

Facinating. :eek:

Last edited:

tombo77

Im being schooled over there......The posts are informative and helpful.

This is playtime. I can't learn alot about the ipod when the main reason for wanting it is Style, pretty, no brain cells needed to use it, accessories galore,

A huge percentage of the FIRST page of the Ipod Lounge Forum is loaded with Iriver threads and negitive ipod questions and people who have abandoned beauty for substance and are tired of paying the man!

The others are glorifying the beauty and "oh MY GOD HELP ME... how can I get scratches out" Its beauty has been tarnished forever! !
And muggers, and the pros and cons of do you wear white headphones? Yeah there is a lot to learn here!

Oh and this coup de grace statement by your maker and Lord Apple

." Apple, which has sold two million of the devices, refused to recolour its headphones, saying its customers would prefer to be robbed than be seen wearing something less trendy.

EVEN THEY KNOW THE TRUTHS OF THEIR OWN MARKET and are willing to expose them.

!! Where is the backlash? If a poster wrote that, the Ipod Army would surround and fire all the words of discontent at him!

Come on man
Its no small wonder the ipod is considered less of a player and a huge fashion statement in in other Forums. Its laughable really!

Read your own Forum man! Like reading a Barbara Courtland novel!!! Certainly not much of how it is a technical marvel.

Last edited:

whit96

Banned
LOL, you're being schooled over here too. :D

Gee, what do they talk about at the IHP forums.

*mumbling about Iriver changing their logo (How vein is THAT?)

*Complaining about no new firmware (same here, but I couldn't imaging upgrading firmware JUST for lyric support)

*numerous, numerous threads about recording glitches (fair play)

*grumbling about the IHP series being renemed to "H" (MORE VANITY!)

*another asking how to keep the exterior.....from.....scratching (LOL!!!)

*someone being absolutely rediculed and ravaged about the fact that they chose a Zen NX over and IHP. (Gee, it doesn't only happen here, huh? Guess you'd better get over ther to show them the light. :D)

*a thread by someone stating why they WON'T buy an IHP. (Guess they don't believe the hype. ;))

*another thread by someone saying "Forget the IHP, what about Archos" (YIKES! :D)

*numerous threads concerning the NEED for "on the fly playlists (we all know a certain MP3 player that has them now. )

Guess it's not all peaches and cream as you make it out to be, now is it. ;)

And if you had the "Lords" at Apple merchandising your favorite MP3 player, you MIGHT just be able to find it in a store here in the continental USA.

torchedlh

wow, when i first saw that this thread had 5 pages, i thought people also had experience to share that were related to my topic. however, i realize that 90% of you are just crapping in my thread. thanks.

tombo77

You had to dig deep to find those threads. But look at the replys for instance to the changing name to H.....2 replies. Not much commumity interest there!

No thread on scratches like here...sorry.

I did not make it out to be peaches and cream juts LESS about the Look and trendyness of the unit. More substance. There will always be the fanboys. Most users over there are more substantiative.

You will find upon deeper investigatiojn, most of the threads regarding look and asthetics were made by former Ipod owners. The culture travels with them if the player does not!!! They usually are short threads eith few replies and or agreement. Unlike here where those ltypes of threads are filled with lemmimgs!

Come on admit it. YOur own maker of the Ipod thinks you guys as a group who rather risk getting mugged than appear less trendy!!!!
And they do market reseach before coming to these conclusions..

That line says it all...

BTW Iriver is found at Best Buy, Fryes, Amazon, (shipped out of Nevada) You can buy it in the continental US

Website
www.flickr.com
tombo77 said:
I usually do not contribute to discussions such as this, but this particular line really ticks me off.

Tombo, you said that this is "pure enjoyment" and "playtime" for you.

You make me sick: you gain pleasure out of the deriding of others. I feel sorry for you, and hope that you can overcome this trait. Humanity would be a lot better off if people like you would stop doing things like this for their sick, twisted pleasure. Show a little kindness, for once. I'm glad you have an iHP, and I'm glad you enjoy it. Music is the important thing to me. I sincerely hope that you will stop this childish name-calling and respect our community here as I respect yours.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
tombo77 said:
Im being schooled over there......The posts are informative and helpful.

This is playtime. I can't learn alot about the ipod when the main reason for wanting it is Style, pretty, no brain cells needed to use it, accessories galore,

Apparently the class you are taking over there is Troll 101...

Well, at least you finally admitted that you are a a Troll. Now we all know you are a complete jack a$$ (not like there was not sufficient evidence) and why. Sort of makes it fun in a weird kind of way. Actually, it makes you sound more than a bit pathetic as well.

iPotm

Mesmerized
Website
www.memphis-studios.com
tombo77 said:

Come on admit it. YOur own maker of the Ipod thinks you guys as a group who rather risk getting mugged than appear less trendy!!!!
hooray for generalization!

we're just too :cool: for you. Geeky nerds can't run around with ipods and therefore get mugged; and must resort to less fancy equipment.

right back at ya. :cool:

MikeM

Retired
Like other similar threads to this one, I'm closing it down. If you have a reason for re-opening it, send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.