Apple's Quality/Reliability/Workmanship flat out sucks.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

iPotm

Mesmerized
Website
www.memphis-studios.com
iPotm said:
Maybe you need to realise you're bursting 300 dollar bubbles here, the majority here - as far as I'm concerned - is happy with their iPod and can't/don't want to afford a new instrument when their white buddy does the job. Step off the soapbox, we get the point.
repeated for emphasis.

TekMonkey

Website
www.tekmonkey.org
tombo77 said:
9. Apple once again struck a little gold..but I believe they will screw it up like the last time...yes.
Sorry, but this really bugged me. Have you forgotten about the G5? Apple was the first to release a 64-bit machine. Virginia Tech has the third fastest supercomputer using G5 machines at about 10 teraflops. The Earth Simulator, the most powerful computer is 3X faster, but the G5 cluster at Tech is 1/70th the price. (And this was the result of using the G5 desktop machines, now Tech is upgrading to the Xserve G5!) It's pretty damn impressive that the G5 can compete with custom-built supercomputers. Apple is definately not dying.

Jackonicko

Retired
You may not have said "iPod users are stupid" Tombo, but your endless inane drivel about it being flash and style over substance clearly infers that you think that anyone who has bought (and is happy with) an iPod has no judgement, and is easily swayed by silly considerations. You are thereby intimating that we are stupid.

I don't see why we should have to use an ignore list, when the moderators could, and should, simply ban you. And no, you don't have a right to free speech if you use that right to cause trouble and insult this community, just as I'm not allowed to exercise my freedom of speech to run down PC users, Far Right Republicans, Bleeding Heart Liberals, coloured folk, white people, or anyone else.

You're not welcome, you're not wanted. Please take the hint and bugger off.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
I suspect his intent was to compare my learning capabilities and intellect to those of a 4 year old. Since I do not agree with him (and have the NERVE to argue with him) I must therefore be stupid or mentally impaired.

Comments like that simply prove my point with this guy. If he can't make a valid point, he'll resort to name calling and product bashing.

whit96

Banned
tombo77 said:
I did answer that point. If you read the message linked you will find he boght the iPod becasue of the HYPE!! And it is ONE guy..one instance that poster found. He is certainly not gushing about it. But he thinks he will keep it..

The Creative is a a nice unit but its not the same quality and has a short warranty as well not that that is any indicator...Creative to me is not generally known as a top end musical gear. I don't use any Creative products on my Pc . Event and Aardvark I/O . The soundblaster/Audigy is terrible except for games.

I don't put Creative in the same ballpark as the APple, Cowan. and Iriver. It seems more like a toy. But the MuVo is selling well
How is it not the same quality? It's certainly built just as well, generally sounds better, has the potential for even better battery life. plus if I'm not mistaken (and I may be about this), doesn't Iriver also only offer a 90 day warrenty in the States?

Your comment about Creative not being known as top end musical gear, coupled with your choice of the EX71 for your listening pleasure, really seem hilarious and contradictory to me.

robcharlus

tombo77 said:
[
The Creative is a a nice unit but its not the same quality and has a short warranty as well not that that is any indicator... [/B]
I disagree about the warranty not being an indicator, especially with reference to Creative. Creative's latest product, the Zen Xtra, is having a large number of headphone jack failures. It's reached a point that one forum, nomadness.net, has had postings on how to resolder the connection. I wonder how many people would buy if the box said "some soldering may be required." Moreover, Creative is very aggressive about claiming that failure of their products is caused by user abuse, which voids the warranty regardless of when the failure occurs.

A longer warranty shows the company has some intent on standing behind the product. And given the state of DAPs, I would want a long warranty on any of them. Their portability increases the stress to which they are subject, and makes them more likely to fail. It's not like buying a TV or desktop computer or parts of a stereo system.

tombo77

I wanted to respond the the G5 statement but Adam already did

I don't see why we should have to use an ignore list, when the moderators could, and should, simply ban you. And no, you don't have a right to free speech if you use that right to cause trouble and insult this community, just as I'm not allowed to exercise my freedom of speech to run down PC users, Far Right Republicans, Bleeding Heart Liberals, coloured folk, white people, or anyone else.
You are free to whine to the modertor to have me banned. I'll only lose one or two nights sleep worrying about this turn of events.

This is hardly a free speech issue nor does running down people enter the picture at all. Your emotions need to stay in check man.

The moderators should tell you guys not to respond or put me on ignore. But having me banned would relieve you of all responsibility wouldn't it? Make Mommy and Daddy chase the mean Tombo away.
Go ahead...make my point!

They are smart enough to know banning me would absolutly prove my point. You cannot handle it when someone reveals a raw opinion based on observation and personal experience. Babies need candy coated opinions to swallow hard medicine I suppose.

It's funny, much of my personal opinions have come from your own responses and now desperate need to have me removed. What are you afraid of? How can one person cause you so much anguish and issue. I know the pods are white but you can't be that sensitive about a slab of silicon with a hard drive wrapped in plastic!......................

.....ok metal....................................ya see?

Jackonicko

Retired
'Make Mommy and Daddy chase the mean Tombo away..... They are smart enough to know banning me would absolutly prove my point. You cannot handle it when someone reveals a raw opinion based on observation and personal experience."

No Tombo, that's not it at all. I'd be more than happy to trade insults with you, since you're so clearly ill-equipped for a battle of wits. It's just that the iPodlounge frowns upon that sort of thing, and explicitely bans trolling, flaming, and even entire subjects of discussion which it deems are likely to result in upset and disagreement. Believe me, I know the Lounge attitude to what I would classify as being merely robust debate.

It's not a matter of needing candy coating on hard medicine, it's a need to avoid pointless, insulting argument, and to counter the inaccurate and objectionable nonsense which you persist in posting. You keep running down members of this community because you don't like their choice of MP3 player, which you mock and belittle with staggeringly little reason or evidence, secure in the knowledge that most folk here (not me, most folk) are too sensible and to polite to respond in kind.

But just for the record, you're not making harsh but fair criticism, you're talking utter bollocks and doing so in a needlessly rude way. People have told you that you should perhaps debate in a more reasonable and less confrontational way. You have failed to do so. People have told you you're not welcome. I've told you to bugger off. When will you get the message, fool?

Let's face it, mate, if it weren't for the need to remain polite it would be an easy matter to slam you as a complete joke (the Koss plug- and EX-71-loving audio pro - my ribs are still aching after that one) and to expose the sub-standard (if versatile) MP3 player which you espouse as the piece-of-crap it is, while being rather more robust in my defence of Apple technology, and rather more rude and dismissive of the joke technology which you profess to think superior.

I say again. "Bugger off."

tombo77

Maybe you need to realise you're bursting 300 dollar bubbles here, the majority here - as far as I'm concerned - is happy with their iPod and can't/don't want to afford a new instrument when their white buddy does the job. Step off the soapbox, we get the point.

I don't believe I have bursted any bubbles. You guys will al still love your choice. I won't convince anyone otheriwse. I know that. Im not trying to sell Irivers. It was said over in the Mistic River forum that Ipod owners are zealots, and early in my travels here one of your own happy minions called ownership of an Ipod a "cult" .
I have found it is true. It is a community of overly zealous people who are extremily proud to own and display a particular MP3 player. No other player has such '''cool" owners. The protect and defend attitude is pretty ridiculous. As is the particularly nasty remark made to Adam when he (God forbid) dared to deface his Ipod with a brushed metal look. Actually made it more masculine looking.......but I digress.

Who ever is in the top seat of Apples marketing department should get a huge raise. He designed a marketing wet dream. Get a mediocre product, no better in sound quality then other TOL offerings out there at best to become THE thing to have and start a fad to get the lemmings into a "me too" frenzy

Then and heres the real genius......Then......make a lesser equipt pod with a much cheaper hard drive and 85% less storage for...lets see $50 less money and yeah lets make them in neon colors......now watch the lemmings race to be the first to hold up the new mini Ipod for all to envy....perhaps we can create a shortage as well to fuel the fire!!!!!!! Yeah thats it. We are geniuses and all we gave them was a basic player that a 4 year old could operate, oh and lets charge a bunch for accesories so they can do some of the things other players do.....Yeah the lemmings will have $600 invested in an MP3 player before they know it! what? people are getting mugged for their ipod? GREAT....this is good publicity...............

Lets give a few away to some stars so the lemmings will feel like stars and be cool and all that as well! They will get emotionally involved and that will be the clincher.....Ipod Clubs! Yes..........Ipod support groups....for those who lost theirs................Maybe we can get a couple of astronauts to take them up in space ...hmmmmmm

Yep thats my opinion........played right into the man's hands..

Don't blame me for what is pretty obvious to many. All the "cool " people have em! I know. You guys should read other forums. You will see my opinions are not terribly original or unique. Of course you won't...you are too sensitive and bruise easily, nor can you really defend the Ipod in an Iriver forum very well.

If we build it ..they will cum!!! And they are, in more colors than white!

Last edited:

robcharlus

I've read other forums, and agree that comments similar to those that you have made can be found there. Many people resent the iPod because it is so popular. As a result, the forums for other players are filled with silly statements that iPod owners are sheep, "flashy," etc. This seems to be part of the high-school mentality that anyone who makes different choices than you do is crazy. In fairness, there are other who post in those forums who take a more reasoned approach -- they happen to prefer their players for valid reasons, but don't feel a need to dump on someone who owns something different. I get a lot out of their posts, and considered them before I bought an iPod. And yes, if the iPod had not been available I would haver purchased an iHP.

It's unfair to call everyone zealots who blindly buy the iPod because it's "cool." I'm perfectly willing to consider another player (although I don't want to have to do so soon because they all cost a lot of money). But I'm unlikely to so when the person praising the player implies that I'm a moron.

Finally, it would be an interesting test to take the posts you've placed here, and post them in Mistic River, with the iHP substituted for every use of the word iPod. I think you would find the comments you got back equaled or exceeded what anyone has said here.

Jackonicko

Retired
Lemmings? I don't think so.

But I'm certain that you, dear boy, are a top-of-the-line, nickel-plated, genuine idiot.

Did anyone suggest that you should bugger off? It would be awfully good advice........

iJman

The Avid Teenage Podder
Look tombo, I'm getting really sick of your posts here. If there was some surfacing interest in your arguments for the iHP, then I would understand you going on to prove your points to further help people to not make the 'mistake' of buying the iPod.

...But there isn't any. I haven't seen any people around here asking to know more about about the iHP compared to the iPod.

So what's the point? Do you want to fulfill some sick fantasy that you'll convert an iPod user to the iHP-120? Do you want to justify your ramblings by posting more of them? Do you want to have the last word on the useless matter?

Ugh... you people and your pride. You sicken me. Why don't you just leave us and our purchases alone.

Just for your information, I thoroughly researched both the iHP and iPod before I bought the iPod. I weighed the pros and cons. I didn't want radio- if I was getting a hard drive player, I'd better be using it. The voice recorder was a nice feature, although not needed at my point in time. The remote was very cool I must say.

...But when I held my friends' iPod in my hands and realized the sheer simplicity of the design, I fell in love.

You know, I don't have to justify my purchase to you. You don't either. So why you persist, I have no idea.

I'm happy, you're happy, and we're happy with our own separate purchases.

Great! Good for all of us!

If you would just rid us of this debate and let us be, we'd all be better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.