Apple's Quality/Reliability/Workmanship flat out sucks.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

tombo77

Iriver has a 1 year warranty, But long warranties can be a red flag...Look at Hundai and Chrysler.......now look at Toyota. The waranty is not a good indicator of quality.

The service is all important. Since Iriver is a smaller company, they may be more responsive in their quest to grow market share and get the word out.

Again you don't see threads on the Iriver board about crossing over to Ipod.....Most in fact have come FROM the iPod to the Iriver. That will continue as people research before they buy. Its an easy crossover because ther are many who will buy the ipod used.

robcharlus

I don't agree that warranties are not an indicator reliability. This statement is not meant to attack the iRiver, which seems to have a good warranty. Two other companies who make DAPs, Creative Labs, and Rio Karma, have ony 90 day warranties (apparently in the UK everything has a 1 year warranty). A 90 day warranty is not enough for the cost of a DAP, plus the effort that many people go through to load their CDs on to it.

The iRiver may be very good. When I was buying a new DAP to replace the junk I got from Creative Labs, I considered it, but had trouble getting much information on it. It has features that I'm not interested in, but that may be very important to others. I have no interest in getting a debate with someone who is happy with his or her iRiver. If you like your player, that's great. I have a stronger opinion about Creative Labs, but that's another issue.

The bottom line for me is that whatever I buy, I want it to be reliable and to have a company that will support its product. Other factors such as looks, ease of use, and even sound quality come second. Apple seems to have this quality, and the iRiver may as well. In that case, enjoy your iRiver. I would never presume to argue with anyone about the relative quality of the two players.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
In this whole discussion thread (and several others), tombo 77 still has not answered the basic question asked. I asked it, Jackonico asked it and others asked it. I will ask it again:

WHY ARE YOU HERE!?

You bought an iHP-whatever and decided to come and tell us all how stupid we are for using an iPod. You chose to insult our intelligence, call us names and then started a mini-platform war, so again I ask you:

WHY ARE YOU HERE!?

You are not adding anything constructive to these boards and you have not facilitated a useful discussion on any level. You simply started calling names, told us you are an expert and told us we don't know what we are talking about because we are stupid. So I ask you again:

WHY ARE YOU HERE?!

You made your choice, now go tell the iHP folks that we are stupid and be happy. Go find someplace else to bash the iPod, Apple and anything else you hate, but stop being an a$$. Again I ask:

WHY ARE YOU HERE!?

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
I've been asked the same question, and give the same answer every time. I think most people here just don't understand the reasoning.

This place is quite a good forum, generally has good people who are not one-eyed. There are exceptions, but its a nice place to be. I posted on here before I had an iPod, would that have made me out of place?

Would you rather all of us leave so you can bask in one-eyed information?

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Honestly Adam, no. You have as of late added some good information to these forums . Your comments have become more constructive and less confrontational. tombo 77 however simply came and told us all were idiots, members of a "cult" and were only interested in "flash over substance". He then proceeded to tell us how he was an expert and we didn't know what we were talking about. Then he started the platform discussion. Had he even attempted to be constructive and not act in an inflammatory manner, this would not be an issue. Yes it is a good forum, and there are a lot of good discussions. But I don't need someone like you or tombo 77 harping on me because I choose to use an iPod and you choose not to. Constructive arguments, yes. Mudslinging like we have seen of late, no.

tombo77

Baggs you are welcome pas up my words or beg the moderator to kick me out. I only post in threads where someone has started with "IRIVER FAN BABY, Crossing Over, unhappy iPod owners. I want to share the wealth of the Iriver becasue Im happy with it and having owned both, whch many have not I canexplain why I switched.. I don't even read the other ipod threads, nor do I have much input there as I don't have an Ipod anymore.

What are YOU guys doing in thses types of threads. You know there will be people like myself posting here!!! You cannot preach to the choir here! I am an Iriver fan in an Ipod titled forum. So what? You guys want to strke each other go ahead. Maybe your moderator can eliminate all negitive posts and theads. Im sure that would make you and a few others happier people.

I am not an Apple fan. I do believe many Ipod owners are "flashy" people in general. I can voice that opinion in a thread that supportts it on this forum. You see no threads like this at Iriver forums. If there were they would be ignored Im sure.. Ipod ownwers sure are a sensitive bunch.. ..with a sense of style....after all white matches everthing!

Last edited:

iPotm

Mesmerized
Website
www.memphis-studios.com
tombo77 said:
I want to share the wealth of the Iriver becasue Im happy with it
Maybe you need to realise you're bursting 300 dollar bubbles here, the majority here - as far as I'm concerned - is happy with their iPod and can't/don't want to afford a new instrument when their white buddy does the job. Step off the soapbox, we get the point.

robcharlus

tombo77 said:
I do believe many Ipod owners are "flashy" people in general. I can voice that opinion in a thread that supportts it on this forum. You see no threads like this at Iriver forums. If there were they would be ignored Im sure.. Ipod ownwers sure are a sensitive bunch.. ..with a sense of style....after all white matches everthing! [/B]
If you think iPod owners are "flashy" people in general, then why bother with us? I don't understand the need to bash th iPod in favor of the iRiver. However, I see these kinds of statements at the forums for the other players. If you are happy with your iRiver, great for you. Why would I try to convince you that you are wrong? This business of saying one player is great and anyone who has a different one is stupid or foolish reminds me of high school. If someone wants information on the relative merits of the players out there, I would certainly be willing to share what I know, but, I would not presume to tell anyone they were crazy to buy an iRiver or Rio Karma.

Finally, the iPods may be overtaken in years to come by other competitors, although I don't think the Windows/Mac comparison works here. If this does happen, it will take a while -- look at the minis and how Apple is selling them as fast as it can make them. But if someone comes along with a better product that meets my needs, I'll buy it. For now, I'm sticking with the iPod.

W9FIF

I do believe you have gotten 2 lemons in a row, but from what I can see, know, you've done you level best to shorten the life of your battery. Going 3 or 4 days w/o charging is asking for problems and a short life battery. What else can I say, except I can understand how you feel. We expect these marvelous devices to perform as advertised, mine did, sorry!

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
tombo77 said:
Baggs you are welcome pas up my words or beg the moderator to kick me out. I only post in threads where someone has started with "IRIVER FAN BABY, Crossing Over, unhappy iPod owners. I want to share the wealth of the Iriver becasue Im happy with it and having owned both, whch many have not I canexplain why I switched.. I don't even read the other ipod threads, nor do I have much input there as I don't have an Ipod anymore.
If you truly had the desire to "educate" others about the iRiver, then you would have kept your comments to the point. Instead you chose start name calling and iPod bashing. The Mods won't kick you out, that is generally not done here. If it was, Adam would have been gone long ago. if you want to "Share the wealth of the iRiver", do so constructively, not by bashing the iPod.

are YOU guys doing in thses types of threads. You know there will be people like myself posting here!!! You cannot preach to the choir here! I am an Iriver fan in an Ipod titled forum. So what? You guys want to strke each other go ahead. Maybe your moderator can eliminate all negitive posts and theads. Im sure that would make you and a few others happier people. [/B]

Hmmm...lets see....iPod Lounge, I own an iPod...Good Question! Why would an iPod owner want to come to a place called the iPod lounge? Again, you don't see many iPod folks in the iRiver forum. Maybe there's a reason. I suspect you are here because you miss "Cult Status" and the "Flashiness" of the iPod. Oh sure, you can try and convince yourself that the iRiver truly is better but it would be even better if you could convince someone else that it's better. That would validate your feelings and maybe make you happy.

And yes, I know there will be people like you here. Some of them come and give out good info and have constructive inputs to make. Sadly, you do not. You seem to be here to try point out our shortcomings in using an iPod (and heaven forbid a Mac!). Yes, I can "preach to the quire" here. Many forum members come here and tell you that they simply think the iPod is a better choice. That is when you, instead of making a valid argument for the iRiver, start name calling and bashing.

am not an Apple fan. I do believe many Ipod owners are "flashy" people in general. I can voice that opinion in a thread that supportts it on this forum. You see no threads like this at Iriver forums. If there were they would be ignored Im sure.. Ipod ownwers sure are a sensitive bunch.. ..with a sense of style....after all white matches everthing! [/B]

There you go again. Instead of making a valid point, you choose to insult iPod users. Sure, you can voice your opinion, but it detracts from your argument. Again, you see no threads like this in the iRiver forums because NO ONE CARES ABOUT THEM! If I own an iPod and am happy with it, why would I WANT to go into an iRiver forum? You claim to be happy with your iRiver, yet you are hanging out in iPod forum apparently seeking other folks validation for your choice of players. You may call me "Flashy" but I am starting to suspect that you are both insecure and shallow. Insecure because you miss the "flash" of the iPod and shallow because you feel the need to come here and try to convince others to see your point of view and to poke fun at those who don't.

Mr. Urt

Am I the only one that thinks that people who complain about battery life, yet only use it 1-2 hours a day are weird? What's so difficult about plugging it in every night? I could see someone who travels a lot, listening to their iPod for long periods of time without a chance to recharge complaining about battery life, but how many times have you seriously run out of battery power in 1 day? I'm homeschooled and listen to it most of the day, and I haven't had any problems with battery life (though listening to it an average of 4-6 hours a day will probably kill the battery pretty quick :p ).

tombo77

YOu missed the point baggs. I said threads not froums. I post in threads that have been started in the Ipod Lounge by Unhappy Ipod owners, Or cross overs, or Iriver fans. These THREADS are part of the Ipod Forum. I said You do not see threads in the Iriver forum about crossing FROM and Iriver to Ipod, Many have come from Ipods over there. I being one.

If someone is unhappy with the Ipod or wants more bang for their buck....IM here to say there is a great alternative. if you are willing to leave the Country Club !

iJman

The Avid Teenage Podder
iPod & iRiver = two top mp3 players in the market.

Tombo77- I have heard of many people that have crossed over from BOTH. Not just the iRiver... I've read about more than one that have given up the iRiver for the iPod and liked it better.

Do I go bashing in the iRiver forums?
No.

Do I care if you state your opinions? Not me, as long as you give valid points. I still think it's odd that you'd even try to 'convert' us or anyone on these forums to the iRiver, when most of us already have bought our iPods and are happy with them.

And just to remind you, this thread was started by a very very unlucky iPod owner. If you read the end of his first post, he admits that it is a superior product.

Most people have never had the problems that he's experienced. I suggest that he just keep giving the iPod a chance. Maybe he should get a better case for screen protection, because that pixel problem is weird and I've never heard of it before.

I love my iPod, and that's all I know. :)

whit96

Banned
tombo77 said:
YOu missed the point baggs. I said threads not froums. I post in threads that have been started in the Ipod Lounge by Unhappy Ipod owners, Or cross overs, or Iriver fans. These THREADS are part of the Ipod Forum. I said You do not see threads in the Iriver forum about crossing FROM and Iriver to Ipod, Many have come from Ipods over there. I being one.

If someone is unhappy with the Ipod or wants more bang for their buck....IM here to say there is a great alternative. if you are willing to leave the Country Club !
The Creative NJB3 is a much better buy than the IHP, and has the potential for even better battery life, which according to you is what's important, as stated in this thread.

And someone has already given you an example of a thread where someone went from IHP to the iPod. Given the troll you are, it's expected you haven't answered that point yet.

And learn how to spell.

tombo77

I did answer that point. If you read the message linked you will find he boght the iPod becasue of the HYPE!! And it is ONE guy..one instance that poster found. He is certainly not gushing about it. But he thinks he will keep it..

The Creative is a a nice unit but its not the same quality and has a short warranty as well not that that is any indicator...Creative to me is not generally known as a top end musical gear. I don't use any Creative products on my Pc . Event and Aardvark I/O . The soundblaster/Audigy is terrible except for games.

I don't put Creative in the same ballpark as the APple, Cowan. and Iriver. It seems more like a toy. But the MuVo is selling well

Last edited:

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
tombo77 said:
Once again with the name calling. You almost had a valid point in that post. Right up until the last line. Once again you have managed to try to insult iPod owners with the "Country club" remark. That statement on it's own may not seem like much, but having read this and the other threads, you don't seem to be able to post without making an insult or at least a smart a$$ comment about iPod users.

robcharlus

Is it just me, or do others have trouble understanding tombo77's comments? I'm not saying whether you agree or disagree, but do you understand what he is saying? I not sure I do.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
No, I seem to understand him very well. His comments run along these general lines:

1. People who use iPods prefer "Flash over Substance"
2. People who use an iPod are inherently Stupid.
3. The iRiver is better and the iPod sucks.
4. People who use an iPod are inherently Stupid.
5. HE is an EXPERT, we should listen to him.
6. He can not make a post with a valid point so he resorts to insults and name calling.
7. The iPod SUCKS!
8. People who use an iPod are inherently Stupid.
9. Apple is dying and you should dump the iPod now and buy an iRiver.
10. Never EVER buy anything made by Apple.
11. People who use iPods are members of a "Cult" or a "Club". He feels left out.
12. People who use an iPod are inherently Stupid.
13. People who use the iRiver/iHP are bright, intelligent and would never own another Apple product.
14. He is not secure in his choice of players and need validation from someone, ANYONE, in this group.
15. People who use an iPod are inherently Stupid.

Last edited:

psudoc64

Personally, If I wanted info on something other than an iPod, I'd search for sites for those other products - not this one. Maybe Tombo77's trying to get a job with IRiver.

If others are interested, there is a clever little tool on this site called an "ignore list". You can put a users name on the list and not have to see their irrelevant comments.

tombo77

1. People who use iPods prefer "Flash over Substance"
2. People who use an iPod are inherently Stupid.
3. The iRiver is better and the iPod sucks.
4. People who use an iPod are inherently Stupid.
5. HE is an EXPERT, we should listen to him.
6. He can not make a post with a valid point so he resorts to insults and name calling.
7. The iPod SUCKS!
8. People who use an iPod are inherently Stupid.
9. Apple is dying and you should dump the iPod now and buy an iRiver.
10. Never EVER buy anything made by Apple.
11. People who use iPods are members of a "Cult" or a "Club". He feels left out.
12. People who use an iPod are inherently Stupid.
13. People who use the iRiver/iHP are bright, intelligent and would never own another Apple product.
14. He is not secure in his choice of players and need validation from someone, ANYONE, in this group.
15. People who use an iPod are inherently Stupid.."
1.Yes to a point. (It has to be easy to use as well)
2.Never said it.
3. I agree.
4 YOUR words
5. I know what I like yes.
6. My "invalid" 'Points" have seemingly been making you bleed......white!
7. Again ..if you must...I agree
8. If You sqy so...I did noy say it! If you are going to quote me....nevermind
9. Apple once again struck a little gold..but I believe they will screw it up like the last time...yes.
10. The smartest thing you said so far on this whole forum.
11. Yes and no I don't want to be in that "wonderful paradise" where White is king and now all the funky color thing! Should be selling at Claires soon.. Those funky colored skins being bannered here is nice. You'll really get the chicks now
12. You seem to be actually convincing yourself of this one. You can't let it go!
13. Well they are not afraid of learning how to operate something a little more complicated and worth the effort! But its nice that a 4 year old can use the ipod. ...(Thats a good thing for you Baggs)

14. I have aquiried much validation for an Ipod Forum after reading some threads. Thank You!

15. Well .I did not say that but...well I think I may have just discovered one.......there you can be right now!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.