AppleCare Protection Plan in Florida?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

FLKat777

I can help you with this. I also live in Florida and while at the Mac Center my VERY helpful salesperson gave me the skinny on the Apple Care issue.

Basically it's about money. Ever since Hurricane Andrew all types of insurance here have skyrocketed. The insurance premiums that Apple would have to pay in order to insure consumers was too high so they declined to do it at all. Only retail corporations are able to get Apple insurance now. My salesman suggested buying the Apple Care... IF... you have a friend or relative that lives out of state and list YOUR name with THEIR address. This is totally different from registering your hardware with Apple.com. One DOES NOT check up on the other. So if anything happens to your ipod and you need to use the insurance you're ok. Just as long as you sumbit the claim using the out-of-state address.

I know it sticks but it's the only solution we Floridians have. Hope this helps. :)

Kat =^..^=

DXiRoNMaN

hey noleman, GO GATORS :p

any of you live in Orlando and been to the Apple Store at the Millienium mall?

o0dhacker0o

finally an answer!

Ok heres the deal! I live in Florida (unfortunately) and my ipod broke and I was out of warranty. I called Apple and gave them my aunt's address who lives out of state. They set it up so that I recieved the box to ship it back to them at my home address in Florida. So this way, when Apple looks at it, they see that I ordered the insurance when i 'lived' in NY but then I moved to Florida. ;-) It's actually pretty slick and it WILL work for anyone needing coverage that lives in Florida.

(you can thank me later)
david

rogermexico

FLKat777 said:
I can help you with this. I also live in Florida and while at the Mac Center my VERY helpful salesperson gave me the skinny on the Apple Care issue.

Basically it's about money. Ever since Hurricane Andrew all types of insurance here have skyrocketed. The insurance premiums that Apple would have to pay in order to insure consumers was too high so they declined to do it at all. Only retail corporations are able to get Apple insurance now.
Kat, your salesperson gave you a nice story, but it's all hot air. The way that Florida regulates extended warranties turns out to be a bit of a pain, and Apple is not alone in finding it more trouble than it's worth.

Here's a semi-accurate, if biased and incomplete, explanation from the St. Petersburg Times

And if you want the fact-facts, here's the actual State paperwork.

Go to the source, people.