Apple Script Help

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

digitalvibe

hi guys - I recently installed the following script (now playing)
http://brandon.fuller.name/archives/hacks/nowplaying/itunes/mac/

It's fantastic but falls down in two key areas for what I need from it

1) Plugin sends track info to the XML feed immediately - even if track has only been played for a couple of seconds. I would like tracks to be sent to the feed only after a minute of play.

2) I have this installed on my machine at home and at the office. If the feed has been started at home and I start to play tracks at the office, the XML is immediately over-written. I want to avoid this, ie if the XML contains 6 sets of track info from music I've played at home the night before and I then start playing music at the office then the first track would simply be entry number seven.

The point of all this is to parse the feed and display the data on my site with the album artwork. Tried using the Last.fm plugin for this but sadly their artwork is often wrong and has other issues. So really, the Now Playing script is sooo close but these two issues stopit from being the solution I need. Have tried speaking with the script's creator but I think he's just too busy with other stuff to offer this kind of support. Can anyone help out with this?

S2_Mac

So I guess he means it when he posts: "Please don’t mail me to customize it for you. I don’t have time." ;-)

There's really nothing in the app that's open to customization, other than the page templating PHP code he posted. The only Applescript that's in the clear is just some support functions. So, you're kinda stuck with what's there.

For Problem #2 about the only remedy is to copy the "home" xml file onto the work machine each day (and then schlepp it back home at night). If you have ftp access to the work machine it would be simple to whip up an Applescript (or Automator task, I guess) that uploads the home xml to the work machine, and back....

Problem #1 sounds like a reasonable feature request..."stutter control" as it were. Have you posted a request for this feature in the NowPlaying page's Comments section?

digitalvibe

Thanks for your response. I've added a few comments there but they seem to go without notice. I'm starting to think the only way to get what I think is a rather simple task to work is by hiring someone to build a custom solution which is likely to cost more than it's worth sadly. I tired doing something with a last.fm feed. It nearly works for what I want except that the feed generated by last.fm returns album information it THINKS is correct and having run three tests it was wrong every damn time. If it returned the correct title, I had exported all my album artwork to a directory on my server naming each file as (album_title)-(artist) so that I could reference my own artwork on the fly. Works in theory but if Last.fm produces incorrect album info it's never going to do what it needs to :(